file Today's humor

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Thanks MOBrien,
So how do your songs sound with the iPod? How many CDs does it hold? I am not sure what AFLAC is, I just know the WAV and FLAC. Do you lose resolution? How do you like it? Good enough for now or not really?
Looking forward to hearing MO from you.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

anthem wrote: As far as The Moderator is concerned, I've heard his wife runs the show. :laugh:

Haha ... (actually, she only THINKS she does - works for both of us that way).
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Wayne,
AFLAC is the Apple version of FLAC. It is as lossless as FLAC. It sounds good on my iPod. I mostly listen to my iPod in my car. My car system has an iPod interface. It plugs into the bottom of the iPod via USB. It dies not use the headphone jack. It allows me to control the iPod through my car's touch screen and stealing wheel controls. It sounds very good. The car system is not up to the standards of my home GE system (when is Sandy going to make car speakers?). However, I can tell a huge difference between the AFLAC and MP3. I'm not sure how many FLAC albums it will hold. I'm on the road for a few days. I will let you know when I get home. I purchased the Classic iPod for the large storage, 130 GB. I have a program called J River Media Center that I use to convert my music to AFLAC.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks for the explanation Moderator Dude, I figured it was something like that.

Thanks MOBrien for your explanation. Since I hate, loathe and despise MP3 just on general lowest common denominator principle, I don't have any such pod or player. I do have a car system that will take input by USB (never been used), but it won't play FLAC files will it? I am a noob about this music files stuff.
Guess I might try it.
I have heard lots of people like JRiver. I will stay away from Apple anything, thank you very much. Not a fan.
Any guidance appreciated.
Have a good trip, safe travels,
God Bless, Wayne

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Yes, J River is the preferred (I use that too). Apple Lossless is fine, full resolution and about 50% space reduction from WAV. Just not very universal (if you don't use Apple devices). I use AIF since it preserves all metadata with the tracks and is very universal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Question then: Does anybody know, what can car systems play? I am assuming they will only play MP3, am I wrong? I would LOVE to be wrong.
I was shocked when car shopping recently that some cars do not have a CD player anymore, only an input for an iPod or such.
Is there a lossless codec that I can play in the car by hooking up my external hard drive? I have FLAC files.
Obviously I am a total noob to this.
Meanwhile, here in my home theater Dire Straits are holding forth in Love over Gold at quite a high volume here in my room, a shiny disc playing, spinning out its web of wonder and it is AWESOME!!!!!!

Blessings,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back