file Today's humor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 10 years 6 months ago
A cowboy appeared before St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. "Have you ever done anything of particular merit?" St. Peter asked.

"Well, I can think of one thing," the cowboy offered.

"On a trip to the Big Horn Mountains out in Wyoming, I came upon a gang of bikers who were threatening a young woman. I directed them to leave her alone, but they wouldn't listen.

So, I approached the largest and most tattooed biker and smacked him in the face, kicked his bike over, ripped out his nose ring, and threw it on the ground." I yelled, "Now, back off or I'll kick the crap out of all of you"

Saint Peter was impressed, "When did this happen?"

"Couple of minutes ago."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Are you sure...David?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Sometimes we feel sorry for the Moderator Dude, and we give the questioners the old Anthem/Wayne
1 - 2 PUNCH.

Finished here in New Zealand, a great week here, it is lovely, the people are great. There is even a car show on here today, Americana, Hundreds of American cars in a parade, everybody waving American flags. It is great to see some love for our country over here, and not the hate we see so often.
BUT they puts beets on everything and think that kiwi fruit is an edible food. Ha
Back home now in the morning and back to good listening.
Just a shame that I will only be home 6 days, AND I have house guests for the first couple of days at that. A friend from America, so it will be good to see him. But not an audiophile, so he will be more interested in fishing than listening to music.
See you guys,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Bro Anthem, but no dancing shoes on yet. I am posting this in the humor section, hoping somebody can laugh:

SHOWING MY CHICKEN

Over here in Thailand, if you make a fool of yourself in front of folks, it is called roughly "you really showed your chicken".
My buddy from the States that lives over here roughly half the year, just came up to visit. He got here a day and a half before I did.
Well, I got to show off my new home theater/audio system don't I? At least I have to try to entertain him with music and movies.
I put him in the sweet spot seat, MY SEAT. And I sat over to the side.
I fire it up and put on a favorite of his, Roy Orbison and friends Blu-ray concert, you know it. Black and white and wonderful!!!!!
I haven't been home for 3 weeks, have not touched anything for 3 weeks, but it definitely did NOT sound right. The sound was not balanced AT ALL. I am not in my seat, but this is not right. I looked all over and found that the new (just before I left) 12V trigger had not triggered the amp to power on for the center channel. Finally got that on, and that helped but not too much.
Kept looking and found my right Triton 2 was not playing. So now I am trouble shooting, wiggling wires, checking connections, trying everything. Finally after bringing in a Triton 3 and it did not play either, I knew it had to be serious, but thank God, NOT my beloved Tritons. Turned out my loaner amp, right mono block was lighting up but NOT playing at all. Still don't know what is wrong there.
So, now I had everything working right? Watched a movie that he had wanted to see, Battleship. But I noticed a serious lack of surround support to the sound. But finished the movie and started trouble shooting again, when fixing the right T2, the left and right surround cables fell out of my surround processor, BOTH surrounds were not playing.
We finally watched Man of Steel with all channels operating.
This and breaks for meals took roughly 6 hours to get playing right again.
Doggone!!!!
I hope you had a better day.
God Bless, Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 6 months ago
By the looks of your avatar you really have aged...hope things work out for you, and by the way, Thelma Lou and I are having a great time. You're right, this does belong in the humor section.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That, my friend, Anthem, is Brother Leonard Cohen in my avatar, but you knew that.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, MOBrien

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back