file Today's humor

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Hey Wayne, how is GE's favorite man of mystery? You back home yet...staying for awhile? Did your lovely wife graduate? Did you have a good time on your vacation?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Hi Bro Anthem,
Thanks for thinking of me. I hope you are keeping us in your prayers, we will need them tonight.
I am back home for a week. Yes, my wife got her diploma and we got some furniture bought for the new house, and made it to say hi to the beach one day, that was our vacation.
Then I worked a week in Jakarta, Indo.
Now, back home on Sat. I find that we (my wife) have decided to have our new house party this afternoon and evening, Monday.
So we have been working like crazy mowing the lawn, edging, cleaning, arranging, etc. for visitors. They started arriving at 6 this morning. COOOOOOOKING. Family and friends of my mother-in-law have been talking and cackling up a storm for hours and we have not even made it to noon yet. MERCY!!!!! The karaoke machine has not arrived yet, but they will have it blaring through some god awful system later today, I HATE it, but the fam and neighbors seem to love to let everyone hear them make ***** of themselves.
Meantime, my most gracious GoldenEar Tech. distributor here in Thailand is still loaning me the ForceField 5 and just arrived, two monoblock Vincent SP-T800s amps. I risked hernia to unbox them and put them in my home theater, but have not even had time to hook them up. I really am looking forward to seeing what they will make my Triton 2s sound like. IF they are any better than the SP-T100s were, (and they SHOULD be at nearly twice the price, better power and tubes, and a recommended component in the big reviews) then I will have to buy them.
I am looking for more top end openness, air and definition as well as better soundstaging, imaging. We are already 90% there, and I possibly might have to tweak the speaker locations a bit more (though quite limited in my home theater), but trying to squeeze out a bit more wonderfulness.
And then still have to try and integrate the sub. That project will surely have to wait until I come back from my upcoming trip to S'pore next week.
Can't wait until I retire so I can do the things I really want to do.
How are things in your part of the world? Warming up yet?
All the best, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here is a coupla pics of the "sound system" they set up for our party
OUCH!!!!!!
Attachments:

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Hey Wayne, glad to see you're home, at least for a little while. Your life is much to hectic for my tastes. I do understand you go to where the work is but all that travel is not for me...it would get old very quickly. The weather here is warming up but the temperatures aren't consistent... 70's one day 50's the next. Wife says maybe this weekend she'll try planting some blueberry bushes she ordered thru the mail. I still say you need me there to do your heavy lifting, I'd be more then happy to help. My deadlift program is right on track. Two, 1 1/2 hour sessions per week....4/16 is the target date for my 440 plus attempt (be praying for me).

I ordered a CMX-2 & CMX-6 from Emotiva yesterday. Will have 8 more plugins at my disposal

Wayne I wish you all the best in your quest for great sound. Keep us posted as time permits.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Bro Anthem,
Keep up your schedule and come over here when you can really lift a lot. Have I got some work for you. Ha ha
Glad you are happy doing what you do and listening to the music you love.
I think of you every time somebody says smooth or Jazz, and if they say them together I send up a prayer for you, because I figure this is no coincidence, the good Lord must be telling me you are about to drop a heavy weight on your neck.
Seriously, I can relate to what you said about travel. I have not enjoyed travel in years. And in the last 5 years, the only time my suitcase was unpacked, was when I had to buy a new one and put all my clothes and stuff in the new one. Living outta a suitcase sucks, I hope to stop it before the end of this year.
I got me some earbuds for all the plane travel (mostly to shut out the noisy babies crying), but have not found a player that plays serious music (FLAC or such) with good quality and small enough to handle---that I can afford.
Any suggestions? I am thinking if I can't find anything great for under $700, I will just suck it up and listen to the plane muzak system until I can retire.
All the best, God Bless,
Wayne

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 10 years 5 months ago

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back