file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 5 months ago
FINALLY watched a really good movie tonight.
"The Accountant" pretty much had it all (except a pretty girl). The story and acting were both first rate, IMHO.
The PQ was fine, got so caught up in the movie I did not really notice.
But the SQ was only 5.1 sound but perhaps reference as far as surrounds capturing some shockingly realistic sounding, ballistics and action sounds. Served the show perfectly but was amazing sounding when turned up, and I did listen to it pretty loudly, by myself and all.
I really enjoyed this movie. It did drag a bit at times trying to fill story elements in, it was a rich story in the end. Some things I should have seen coming but did not.
Will watch it again to catch all the little details and savor a good movie for a change.
Very much recommended for entertainment value, and overall a really good watch to me.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Wayne,

I felt the same about The Accountant and Dr. Strange. You hit the nail on the head for me. Far too much CGI in Dr. strange. The Accountant kind of surprised me. I'm not much of a Ben fan, but he did well. You're lucky to have gotten your hands on Dr. Strange. It's sold out everywhere over here. Glad you've been receiving all of your goodies from Amazon!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Bro T.
I will be very interested IF you find it and watch it in 3D.
Tonight we watched "Equity", a wall street stinker.
100% BORING. We barely finished it, only stubbornness made us get through it.
PQ, SQ, who cares????
This was a fall asleep (wife), play on the phone (daughter) loser!!!
Not even worth the trouble to find and post the pic.
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 5 months ago

This week I received Sing and Assassin's Creed. I didn't get to see this one in the theater and I had heard by word of mouth not to expect too much. I've played a few of the Assassin's Creed games on PC and have enjoyed them. This movie did a good job capturing much of the essence of the games; however, it was extremely disjointed and did a poor job of developing the characters and story. Like the DC Comics superhero movies, it felt like a graphic novel and not a story. Put in simpler terms, it was all style and no substance. 3.5/5 for the movie itself.

PQ was both good and bad. Color, contrast and clarity were good until scenes with a heavy amount of CGI were present and then it seemed to fall apart. This is certainly part of making the film seem disjointed. 4/5 for PQ.

SQ was pretty solid! There was a lot of surround material which added to the immersion of the film. It was also very dynamic. LFE was present is sufficient levels. 4.5/5 for SQ.

This one gets a bit of a mixed recommendation. Watching it online or on cable/satellite will certainly rob the viewer of the best aspect of the film: it's sound. If you were a fan of the game, it may be worth watching. This might be one to buy once it ends up in the $10 blu-ray bin.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Bro T.
You mentioned graphic novel, I don't know much about those, nor comics either, but I LOVED Sin City!!!!! Jessica Alba and all. That was fun.
Style but had some substance (or substance abuse, ha ha) too.
Keep the reviews coming.
I am still working away on Homeland. And READING Game of Thrones.
A BLT with coffee for brunch today. Gonna be a good day.
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
For two or three days now I have not been able to log on. The log on by Facebook thing, that crashed. And that is the only way I have ever logged on. Had to get a new password and do it differently.
I have not put a Thanks on any of your Currently playing posts Bro Anthem since I got back on just to let you know that NONE of them play for me. I think that is some restriction on material for overseas, not sure, but many things are not available outside the US.
I was on ESPN.com the other day and it popped up did I want to participate in an online poll? Sure, why not, I am retired I sez to myself (nobody else will listen to me). So they ax me, which football league do I follow???? And the NFL was not there!!!! It was other round ball football leagues that I am as interested in as I am the price of rice in China!!!! When I selected NONE they stopped the poll and said I did not qualify to participate.
YES, ESPN does not listen to me either.
So I watched a BR movie last night, "Extraction", with Bruce Willis.
Why would Bruce Willis be in a "B" movie?????
Don't know but he was.
What a dud!!!!! The story was a stretch, the photography was quite OK, the writing was TERRIBLE, a young actor I did not know was OK except when he tried to deliver the tripe lines and his love interest was, shall we say, even I can do better!!!!!!
Reminded me of that song about a BIG LEGGED WOMAN, how does it go????
Not recommended on any level, just a waste of time. But I won't throw away the disc and just keep the box as I did with Equity, the last waste of time. OR maybe I will, just thinking.
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?