file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 9 years 10 months ago
Outstanding... this is album of the year material...this cd rocks my world.

Red Baraat / Chaal Baby 2010)

All songs are a knockout... favorite is Chaal Baby, but the others are hot on its heels. Their use of the sax, trumpet, trombone, sousaphone, and drumset, works extremely well together. These guys would be a great band to see live.

My acoustic panels came in Thursday, but stupid me ordered two of the panels wrong...had a range limiter installed, and found out yesterday it doesn't affect the upper frequencies above 400 hz...What to do...I called GIK this morning, talked to Bryan again and decided to put them on the front wall (behind my speakers) and order another pair of 244 bass traps with full range broadband. At this point I have the 244's in place (first reflection point on T2's), but have thrown a towel over them to absorb the upper high frequencies.
Even set up this way, sax and upper frequencies sound much better...tolerable. The new panels should arrive next week. I'm having fun
with things setup as they are...I'm in no big hurry, so when the new ones get here...they get here.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, SanthoshEapen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
These boys hold nothing back...no ballads here ladies!

Red Baraat/Shruggy Ji (2013)

These guys are nothing short of amazing. Their latest set is much the same as Chaal Baby, with hints of reggae, snake charmer, and rap...brass & drumset...these guys know how to "get'er done". Group of the year? Quite possibly...
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Currently listening to Ken Navarro / The Test of Time

Ken played all the parts on one guitar simultaneously. There are no overdubs. Ken played the Godin Multiac Grand Concert Ambiance nylon string guitar in the recording studio for all the songs. Gotta love the Godin Multiac Grand Concert Duet Ambiance nylon string guitar,right Wayne?

Attachments:

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 10 months ago
Well Bro Anthem,
I do not know this guy, but LOTS of very good guitar players like the Godin guitars. www.godinguitars.com/godinplayersnews.htm

I first noticed it in the hands of one of my favs, Leonard Cohen plays their Mulitiac A/C Nylon.

So I will have to give a listen to Ken Navarro. The snippets Amazon plays sound pretty mellow, but I will put in on my pre-order list.

Funny you should mention this Bro, we went to a different church meeting today, took a new friend, he likes to sit up front---NOT my normal, usual seat of choice. The guy leading worship picked up a Kona guitar and put a capo on the neck, started playing and I was only like 2-3 feet away. NICE sound, SWEET steel string sounds, LIVE and it took me a minute to quit thinking about how great real, live music is when someone can really play and what a talent that is, and how well/faithfully would my system play what I am hearing here. What an amazing sound that guitar had, the guitar can make a BIG difference!
Then I got my mind on the right things, shame on me.
"God gave rock and roll to ya, gave rock and roll to ya, put it in the heart of everyone!!!!"
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, SanthoshEapen

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 9 years 10 months ago
No matter how great an audio setup, it cannot match the real thing - live music. Went to NYC last night for a great concert by Red Baraat and had a fun great time with the wife and friends. They are even more awesome live Anthem!
Today I listened to a true audiophile vinyl record - Charles Mingus's "Tijuana Moods" by Speaker's Corner records. Charles said it was the best record he ever made, and boy is it a good one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I've been listening to Mike Stern/Between the Lines (1996)

Featuring Mike Stern on guitar and the legendary Dave Weckl on drums. An oldie but a goodie...if you like copious amounts of slammin' guitar, sax, and blistering drums and bass...this will meet your needs.

The dynamics on this cd sounded extra special today, and I think I know why...my new acoustic panels.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back