file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 1 week ago
Had a late afternoon romp with my buddy, Maceo Parker/Southern Exposure (1993)
This is a fun CD from start to finish... sax, trumpet , tuba, trombone and organ galore ...never a dull moment. Track #2: Mercy, Mercy, Mercy & #6: Splashin' are killers.

Santhosh, kick the wife out of the house, crank up the Yamaha and give this a listen.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, SanthoshEapen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 1 week ago
Alright Anthem, I will try and listen to it when I can (hopefully soon). I have been spinning some LPs recently and one I think is definitely worth a listen is by the King of the Sax (alright maybe there is some hyperbole here) - the one and only Sonny Rollins! His "Saxophone Colossus" is an incredible masterpiece. I think it is one of the best Jazz albums I have ever heard. The drummer Max Roach, pianist Tom Flanagan and bass player Dough Watkins KILL on this album. Seeing how much you like SAX, you should give this a spin!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 1 week ago
Alright! Listened to Maceo. It is an OK album. Too laid back for me. Now let me know what you think of Saxophone Colossus (much better me thinks)...
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Alright Santhosh...I listened to a couple of Sonny Rollins-Saxophone Colossus tracks. I don't know if you're pulling my leg or not, Rollins is Traditional Jazz (laid back) Maceo is Smooth Jazz (head boppin')...I can listen to either one, BUT prefer Smooootthh Jazz.

Saxophone Colossus is worthy of my collection, I think I'll pick up a copy...Thanks.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, SanthoshEapen

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Just bought a used copy of Sonny Rollins/Saxophone Colossus.Will be shipped from California... due to arrive 9/17 - 10/02. :cheer:

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by anthem. info_outline
Listening to a new disc today--Rick Braun/Can You Feel It (2014 Mack)

Wayne, our bro in Thailand, has decided to purchase my Definitive Technology BP2006TL speakers as a present to his daughter. He asked me to get them out of storage, set them up, and give them a listen. These are wonderful sounding speakers. Back in the day when these were my primary speakers, I was using a Yamaha receiver and mediocre CD player. Today I used an Anthem Statement P2 amp, PremaLuna Premium Tube Preamp, Oppo 105, Mapleshade Clear view speaker cables. I'm glad I have 2 pairs of the 2006TL's...after hearing these today I wouldn't part with them.

Back on Nov. 29, 2000, Darryl Wilkinson did a review on the BP2006TL's:
Sandy Gross, founder of Definitive Technology, is the Mark McGwire of HiFi. Somehow this guy has been able to come up with one incredible speaker home run after another...and that my friends describes the BP2006TL's.

These are bipolar and mirror imaged ...they literally will amaze you with their sound. Wayne's daughter is going to be one lucky woman.

Oh, and by the way, Rick Braun's/Can You Feel It is an excellent CD.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back