file Currently playing

• John Shepard's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 16
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
John Shepard Posted 9 years 11 months ago
Watched Transformers: Age of Extinction before work. First movie with Atmos encoding I've scene at home. Was very interesting that even though I don't have Atmos, the movie had a great sound envelope. Lots of environmental ambient noise with sound que's in the right places. Def worth watching!!!!!

-John

Triton two towers
Supercenter XL
4 Supersat 50's
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 11 months ago
Having a Traditional Jazz Wednesday afternoon
Jon Faddis/Teranga (2005)
Thirty-five year veteran, Jon Faddis, takes his trumpet/flugelhorn to knew heights. The "sounding range" in terms of pitch will take your tweeter/midrange to their limits...don't be surprised if you hear the neighbor's dogs barking.
Teranga, at 12:08 minutes, is the showstopper track here...there is a track or two that does remind "even me" of elevator music... over all a fantastic group of tunes.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WOW...Chaal Baby...this is just Fantastic Music!!

Red Baraat/Chaal Baby (2010)

This band is simply fantastic. Their use of the saxophone, trumpet, trombone, sousaphone, and drums is simply amazing... I was most impressed. The song, "Chaal Baby" is utterly phenomenal...the trumpet, trombone, and drum work, left me speechless. I highly recommend this recording, and would once again like to thank santhosh for the recommendation.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, SanthoshEapen

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
HOT B) HOT :P HOT ;) a blistering set from three "ole" veterans

Jazz Funk Soul/Jeff Lorber - Chuck Loeb - Everette Harp (2014)

Sax, guitar, keyboards, and drums to die for...my Tritons were so happy today. If you like uptempo jazz, funk fusion... take a listen.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 9 years 11 months ago
I am glad you like my friend's brother's band, Anthem. They are even better live (obviously). I can't wait to check out your suggestions. I have built a headphone rig recently and have been spending a disproportionate amount of time headphone listening. Loudspeakers are still the best, but headphones offer an immediacy and a level of personalization that cannot be beat. The music 'lives' in your head. It is also very convenient when you do not want to wake up the family! Right now, I am CURRENTLY listening to J.J. Cale's "Troubadour". It is a good album. A soul satisfying "meaty" album that I find very satisfying right now. :)

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 9 years 11 months ago
I had to add another great album I am listening to right now. B.B. King's "Deuces Wild". With heavy hitting guests, this is one rocking blues album.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back