file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 9 months ago
Thanks Moderator Dude,
Listening right now to a Blu-ray of Daniel Barenboim "Chopin Piano Concertos" with Andris Nelsons conducting, heck you can read it below on the cover.
When he starts playing this Steinway and Sons "Fabbrini" concert grand it almost takes the breath away with the beauty of the sound.
IF you love piano, get this. Listen to this.
It is awesome picture quality too, and Nelsons directing is fun to watch, the venue is sparsely/woodenly beautiful. The soloist and many in the orchestra will not get the youngin's swooning with their looks, but you can close the TV if you wish and just relish this DTS-HD MA 5.1 concert.
Turn it up and they will be playing in your room!!!!
Enjoy, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 9 months ago
Rise up, Rise up...to the sky.

MarchFourth Marching Band / Rise Up (2009)

Forget what you know about marching bands...MarchFourth takes the marching band sound to a new level. Marchfourth inspires dancing...Part New Orleans brass ensemble, part groove-heavy rock group, and part vaudevillIan circus, this group unleashes such a technicolor experience that using the word 'concert' to describe their performance falls short.

M4's mission is to seize the moment, bring communities together, and leave everyone feeling as if the world is a better place.

The entire cd is a must hear. A number of tracks stood out: "Gospel"--"Dynamite" and "Wet Nap".

I had such a fun experience, that i went out in the garage and did 1473 pushups in 1 hour...Rise Up!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Just finished up a blistering set with my man, Dave...the "Little Drummer Boy."

Dave Weckl Band / Rhythm of the Soul (1998)

Once again listening to "Three Arcoss the Front"...I'm very impressed with how this sounds. Track 10 "Big B Little B" sounded so good I gave it a standing ovation.

I received an email today, they've started the build stage on my decware torii amp.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
A new disc this morning. This was a recommendation from my cousin, John, from Tennessee.Lot's of great people in Tennessee...right Wayne?

George Benson / Earl Klugh - Collaboration (1987)

George Benson - Electric Guitar
Earl Klugh - Classical Guitar

An oldie but a goodie...mid-tempo...99% instrumental. The opening track, "Mt. Airy Road" has back ground vocals throughout...great opening track.
Many good tunes on this one..."Collaboration" being my favorite.
Great bass on a couple of songs, courtesy of Marcus Miller...
Over all a good sounding disc. One thing I noticed, I had to turn up the volume more than normal...compared to today's recordings.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 9 months ago
I have a different Earl Klugh / George Benson collaboration (or was it one of them with someone else?) - I'll need to go digging through the records to find it but I remember it being a superb piece of music for demo. Thanks for the reminder!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Just finished up a late afternoon listening session with a fun Christmas album.

Mannheim Steamroller / Christmas Extraordinaire ( 2001)

Chip Davis - Recorders and Drums
Jackson Berkey - Harpsichord
Ron Cooley - Recorder Choir and Crum horns
Arnie Roth - Violin and Concert Master
Bobby Jenkins - Oboe

Without a doubt my favorite tune has to be, "Fum, Fum, Fum". This album has more of a Mannheim Steamroller feel to it then some of their other Christmas albums. The drums and piccolo on this track are reference quality sound.

The word "Fum" depicts the strumming of the Spanish guitar on the three chords of the harmony. The strong rhythm suggests that this carol was used for dancing.The first verse is about the birth of Jesus on December 25th.The second verse asks the stars to look at Jesus and to make the dark night glitter.Chip set this in a Renaissance / Rock in one song (much like the God Rest Ye Renaissance and God Rest Ye Rock N Roll settings from the first Christmas album ).

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back