file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Actually that is a good idea, Bop, Shoe Bop, Sha Bop man!!!!!
I will try with headphones and if I don't hear crickets, will let the wife try.
BUT
I just flew all night, no sleep on the plane, now a 3 hour layover before my last flight home, I don't need these negative comments!!!!!

Ha ha,
Enjoy, God Bless, Wayne
now I have a plan to find them crickets or NOT
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 8 months ago
OK
Thanks to Bro Anthem, we found the crickets!!!! Well, maybe one cricket, and a little one at that. But, Your idea worked.
My lovely wife could hear them with the headphones, then, when I knew when to listen, I heard them too, though they are VERY quiet. Then she could hear them on the Tritons, but I cannot. That was the 3s, so I will try listening on the 2s.

I got lots of listening to do. And experimenting.
This is fun, God Bless,
Wayne

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Wayne, you have always talked about Chris Jones's "Roadhouses and Automobiles". I have listened to Chris Jones's "Smoke and Noise" and liked it. Now, Roadhouses and Automobiles costs $52 on amazon, which is much more than I usually pay, but I have decided to plunk down the cash and buy it. I will let you know if I hear crickets - in the first cut you say? I assume you mean the first song?
Santhosh
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 8 months ago
I am listening to an album that Wayne might enjoy: Ray Benson's "A Little Piece". Ray has a wonderful, mature voice, and the album is well recorded.
Cut out early from work because of the snow storm!
Attachments:

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Currently listening to Dave Douglas/ The Infinite (2002) traditional jazz trumpet. Not my favorite but the wife enjoys it...she cooks my meals, need I say more.

Also finished a set with Stanley Clark and Friends/Live at the Greek (1994) Stanley Clark: Acoustic & Electric Basses; Larry Carlton: Acoustic & Electric Guitars; Billy Cobham: Drums & Percussion; Najee: Tenor , Soprano & Alto saxophones, Flute. Great music from fine musicians. Track #7 School Days is over 23 minutes long...wow.

CD Universe has Chris Jones/Roadhouses & Automobiles: new (79.38) ; used (47.90) Too rich for my blood.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Hey Guys,
Thanks Bro Santhosh for that recommendation, I have put the Ray Benson CD in my Amazon shopping cart. There are not any samples to listen to, but on your rec and what I read on Amazon, I feel sure I would really like that one. Want to hear it anyway.

On Chris Jones CD, those prices are really high. IF I thought Mr. Jones would really get much of that money I would be very happy for him. Meanwhile, I am not opposed to putting that song (yes, it is the first song on the CD that has the cricket) on the Google cloud and share it with you guys.
I do think that artists deserve to get paid for their work and abilities. I think that stolen music is one main reason why we don't have nearly as much good music as we did when singers and songwriters got well paid for their work.

IF you want me to put that song and the Three Blind Mice song on the cloud to share with you, you might need to tell me what to do. And how to share with you. I will share with you brothers here on GE if this is allowed, but not with the whole world.

I have been listening to Ray Charles CD of duets, I think his last recording, "Genius Loves Company" which has some real demo quality sound and some really great listening. Not exactly my kind of music, but you gotta love this kind of musical genius, all of it, the people singing with him are awesome too.
Enjoy boys and girls,
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back