file Currently playing

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 8 months ago
I am constantly amazed by how my listening experience has changed since I started using my Triton Sevens. I put on an old movie soundtrack that I have owned for several years and I am totally enthralled by this CD! I never appreciated the beautiful complexity in the voice tones and backing instruments until now. This is one wonderful disc! It is an eclectic collection (sort of like my musical taste), but I highly recommend it. Anthem, Wayne and MOBrien let me know what you think (there are listening samples on amazon.com).
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Thanks for the "French Kiss" invite, Santhosh. I played a snippet of each song, three of them stood out--"LaVie En Rose";"I Love Paris" and "Verlaine". The rest of the soundtrack is to laid back for my taste. I am amazed at the wide range of music you listen to. Any Thrash Metal on the horizon? Again, I appreciate your participation on this forum.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, SanthoshEapen

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Ha! Ha! I will try playing some heavy metal soon and let you know what I think is good!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Hey Guys,
I do appreciate that Anthem is predictable. Steady as a Rock. Er, sorry, not rock, steady as a jumpin' jack, no, hang on, that still sounds like rock and roll (jumpin Jack Flash), well steady as a smooth jazz sax player anyway.
And I do appreciate that Santhosh mixes it up, experiments, gets down with all sorts.
I sorta hate to admit having seen that movie a time or two. But I don't remember the soundtrack. And I have decided that listening to snippets on Amazon over these crap speakers on my laptop does not count as actually having heard the music at all. Even IF I did, letting it rip here in the airport lounge might not be a smooth move.
I could watch the movie again and try to pay attention to the music? Probably would not work.
I could just guess that I will actually agree with Anthem this time, it will probably be too laid back for me (not that I am trying to get you to punch my dance card Anthem!!!! NOT) which means my wife would likely love it, and the movie too. Ummmmm
Right now I am just counting the days, 3-4 until I get my Tritons. Let the whole world go nuts over the new 1s, I am gonna be thrilled to get to hear the 2s and 3s in my own house!!!!!
God Bless you guys, you make things interesting.
Wayne
P. S. Anthem, were you wanting any suggestions on tube rolling? I find Joe's Tube Lore fascinating reading, a little dated now, but he is interesting and I have followed his advice more than a little.
www.audioasylum.com/scripts/d.pl?audio/f...oes-tubes.html#12AX7
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Bro Anthem,
What model is Thelma Lou again?
I just visited their website and it said that ll their amps now can use the Tung Sol KT120. That might be a smooth move if you don't have them.
But it would require you biasing the amp differently when installing them.
Normally you will get a lot of bang for the buck from changing out the little driver tubes, input tubes, as they seem to affect the sound a LOT more than the power tubes. Or sometimes so anyway. But the KT 120 might be a real exception to that.
I would definitely change out, roll, tubes like 12 AX7s for sure (probably try some 5751s instead, if you can handle the little bit lower gain) and 12 AU7s and such. Those will not require biasing.
AND I use this argument, you always need a set of spare tubes laying around in case one goes out. So why not have them be different ones, you can try to see if you like the new flavor???
Let me know what you are looking to do, IF you will,
And Enjoy, Blessings, Wayne

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Dear Anthem, just cruising around the PrimaLuan site and it looks like Thelma Lou might be autobiasing. In which case, you are really good to go to roll tubes.
What do I know?
I am going home, to heck with it!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back