file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 8 months ago
I've been listening to a new CD from Ronny Smith / Can't Stop now (2013). I'm really digging this guy. Don't know much about him other than that he plays great guitar. I especially like the track 'Popping Off'. This CD is a keeper and will be in constant rotation.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Hi Bro Anthem,
I am glad you are having a good time listening to your music. I checked out Ronny, and I gotta say, you are consistent, good for you.

How is the Oppo working out? I would really like to get a 105, but Santa did not bring me one, I guess I have not been as good a boy as you were this year.
How about Thelma Lou, she should be broken in by now?

Seems like the whole world of business is shutting down for New Years now, I can't even get hold of my GE distributor, as great as he is, he told me he is hooked up with year end stuff. So I probably will not get my Tritons until after New Year. And I have the home theater all ready to go, just got to plug in the 2s and am ready to play. DOOOHHHHH

Have a good time and stay warm, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 8 months ago
My experiences in professional recording environments indicate that with appropriate quality microphones and mic preamps (typically tube), 24 bit recording going forward (48KHz or higher) yields outstanding fidelity, better than anything analog can do today. I'll get you some examples in the genre you prefer. And this comes from a big fan of analog playback...

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The Oppo 105 can play just about anything. I've been listening to Steely Dan / Everything must go on DVD Audio, haven't played this in years...actually forgot I had it. Sounds great...Godwhacker.

Wayne the Oppo 105 is an awesome player. The load times and navigation are startling... I think I'm in love.
Thelma Lou is coming along although she can't completely tame the nasties.
I have a feeling when you go back to work your speakers will show up...you at work, your speakers at home...not a good scenario.

God Bless You Wayne
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Thanks Bro Anthem.
I think being here and not having my speakers is worse than knowing that they have arrived and I am not here. In that case, I would get to meet them in a week or two. Right now, I don't know when I can get them.

You haven't been praying for patience for me have you? I don't remember asking to be taught patience. But it might happen anyway, without me wanting it.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
This morning I've been listening to Boney James/Pure (2004). I've had this CD for 8 years but never played it much because the bass on conventional loudspeakers sounded fat, bloated and obnoxious, so I committed it to storage. Needless to say, its back in play and sounding better then ever, the bass actually sounds spot on, as played through the Triton 2's.The track 'Appreciate' featuring Debi Nova gives me goosebumps, a seriously slamming jam. Ain't life GRAND.....

DEAR LORD, I PRAY THIS DAY, THAT YOU WILL BESTOW UPON OUR BROTHER IN THAILAND... PATIENCE...AMEN.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back