file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 9 months ago
I've been listening to Mannheim Steamroller - A Fresh Aire Christmas -- played it twice. This is a great CD with many wonderful songs. I used my Anthem Statement P-2 amp, Primaluna Preamp and the Aon 3's. The Aon 3's hold a special place in my heart, they are simply magical speakers -- I LOVE them!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Bro Anthem,
Now I am confused, the Aon 3s are a bed room setup? I thought Thelma Lou was in your main system with Triton 2s. Or did you move the 2s and replace them with Aons?
The one thing I know is that you are absolutely right about the little Aons, they are marvelous speakers for the size and price.
Well, I also know that you have great taste in stereo systems!
Bro, that seriously ought to sound terrific.
I have been known to listen to some Man Steam too. Not really my style, but they do make music and it is well recorded for sure.

One a personal note, we got some furniture delivered today, we are starting to move in. OK, we are a few days ahead of ourselves, IF it would ever quit raining we might get things finished.
Blessings,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Just finished up a session with Jeff Golub / Temptation (2005). Once again I've been listening through my Aon 3's. Wonderfully detailed describes the sound.
I was born confused, Wayne what's your excuse? The Aon 3's are being used as R/L surrounds (mounted high on the wall) in my HT system. I love these speakers and like to listen to them in 2 channel on occasion. My bedroom system now (always changing) is an Adcom GFP-565 preamp - Denon DVD player and Grado SR60 headphones. I don't want speakers in this system, just headphones.

I'm so glad your house is progressing. We would love to have some of your rain...we are dry here. Praying for you & family daily.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks to explain Bro Anthem, and thanks for the prayers, I need em. But pray for you every day too.

Yes, I remember now that you use headphones in the bedroom. Sorry I misspoke there. Showed my CRS disease.

So you are listening two channel through high/rear mounted Aons? I can imagine that they still sound good, but would think the imaging and such would suffer. But if you are dancing around the room flexing your muscles to the music, barbells in hands, I guess that doesn't matter.

If I did not really love bass, I could see me totally happy with some Aons. They are a great little speaker. My distributor over here in Thailand, that has become such a friend--he is really great, loves his music and to help people get good systems, is helping me a LOT--uses the Aons for demos to people in his office to show off GoldenEar.

You know how I said it never gets cold here? We don't need a heater at all? Well, woke up to 5 C today, that is 41 of your puny F degrees. That is CHILLY. We are having to hug and cuddle to keep warm over here.
Life is GOOD!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Playing an LP (early christmas present) - Sargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. It is a mesmerizing, engrossing album. Those irreverent lads from Liverpool are a hoot!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Now Bro Santhosh, THAT is what I call a Christmas present!!!!
Great album!!!!!
Enjoy,
God Bless,
Wayne

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back