file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 9 months ago
We hope ceiling fans will also keep things cool without much electricity, nor noise.
This one is a normal fan in the guest bedroom, but the one in the home theater is DC powered, supposed to be more quiet and cost effective than ever.
Trying out LED lights throughout the house too, supposed to last for years and use very little power.
I need to save all the electricity I can because I plan on cranking up the power amps, tubes and transistors and getting the house a rockin!!!!!

"If the house is a rockin, don't bother knockin, just come on in"

God Bless SRV and God Bless us all,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Late afternoon...listening to John.

John Scofield / Groove Elation (1995 Capital) Guitar/organ driven...simply fabulous.

Great pictures Bro. Wayne. With all the electricity you'll be saving you will be able to afford the Supercenter X and a pair of Triton 7's...might as well throw in an Oppo 105. I ordered an Oppo 105 this afternoon, should be here by Christmas. :cheer:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Bro Anthem,
Those are exactly the things I would be ordering/buying IF I was as rich as you!!!!! OR
Even, IF I had been as good a boy as you, and somebody was buying me that for Christmas.
I think you will really enjoy the Oppo 105. That is on my list, but now I MAY go a different direction for playing music files, since I already have the Oppo 95 for playing 3D movies, I am gonna try out the Cocktail Audio X30. My GE distributor here suggests it and will let me have a listen in my home theater. (WHEN and IF)
So far, my less than Golden Ears with my less than GoldenEar speakers, I cannot hear the difference hi res files are supposed to bring.
I am hoping I will be able to hear a diff when my system, my room is all set up.
IF NOT, I am a happy camper with CDs.
May not sound the BEST in the world, but sounds way better than most poor boys like me deserve.
I hope Thelma Lou will get along with your new girlfriend when she gets there for Christmas, may they play happily together.
God Bless, Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 9 months ago

I am hoping I will be able to hear a diff when my system, my room is all set up.

Don't worry, you'll hear it. :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Moderator Dude,
I am NOT worried, I am as excited as a kid with Christmas coming, in other words, I am as excited as Anthem.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Thanks for the kind camaraderie on here.
If I do have any problems, I know who to ask for help.
I am writing this from the airport lounge in Mumbai, India, on my way home. And we are definitely supposed to be moved into the new house before I fly away again in Jan.
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 9 months ago
The wife is out so decided to invite my girlfriends Candy & Joyce over...don't be jealous Mindy.
Anyway, just listened to:

Candy Dulfer / CRAZY (2011 Listen 2)
Joyce Cooling / Revolving Door (2006 Narada)

Christmas day my Triton 2's will be one year old. Do you ever get the itch to take the volume knob where it's never been before? today was that day. Currently I'm using the Emotiva XPA-1 monoblocks, PrimaLuna ProLogue Premium preamp (Thelma Lou) & the Cambridge Audio Azur 840C. I concentrated on the songs 'Hey Now' and 'I Do' from Candy's CRAZY CD and listened in the 93-99 DB. Thoughts of Santhosh came to mind "Wow, just Wow". I heard no distortion and even felt the room pressurize. The Triton 2's sub knob was at the 12:00 position. I know there's a volume limit...I haven't found it.

Wayne, if you use well recorded source material I believe you, rock music, and the Triton 2's will have a grand time.
Gotta go, wife's home.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SanthoshEapen, Sloppy

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back