file Currently playing

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Wayne,

Things have been hot and humid here all Summer. We're definitely ready for Fall and football. In fact, the Hall of Fame game kicks off Packer season here in Wisconsin. We've been trying to keep up with yard work all Spring/Summer and the Fall will bring piles of leaves from about 20 mature oak trees!

I'm guessing you've got your cable situation mostly worked out. I know you spoke about Signal Cables before, is that the brand of all of your cables: including the power cables? Im sure that with the hybrid amps and silver cables, you're in really good shape. I was essentially starting from scratch when I started purchasing my GET speakers. I never believed in expensive cabling previously but with the gear I had, I doubt I could hear much of a difference.

I'll get there eventually, but in the meantime, I'm going to take it one step at a time while continuing to enjoy what I have. All of the gear and hard work is pointless if you don't take time to enjoy it. Today I'm watching Fringe on Netflix and listening to The Best of Blue Note again. This is another more contemporary recording by Robert Glasper, featuring vocals from Erykah Badu.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

T Cobe wrote:
I have a few more tweaks to get may surround channels up to par with my front end, but with the Aons all the way around, I'm enjoying surround music much more. I've just purchased a power cord for my XPA-5 and that will start the process. 2 more power cords to go and then I'll move on to interconnects. I'm sure my interest in surround music will continue to grow through the process.

Cheers,

T Cobe

Keep at it, T Cobe!

The rewards of listening to all GEt speakers surrounding/immersing you is worth the pursuit of the right gear to help make it happen, and you definitely have great gear and instincts on gear and sound choices.

I'm hooked on GEt surround, including playing 2.0 in multi channel/all speakers. Can't go back to P.O.S., as Wayne calls it. Just can't leave the T2's and SCXXL out of the sound field.

P.S. to Wayne: love your new Avatar, but what is it?? Also, played Beethoven's 5th tonight... still love it and still can't wait to get back to TX and let the T1's/T2's/SCXXL REALLY do it justice.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Moderator. info_outline
Hi, thanks Guys,
Well, our home continues to have bizarre electrical problems. Some brought on by the frog strangling rains we are enjoying. HUMID here, but not really hot. Back sleeping in my own bed for the first time in 2 weeks, with A/C and power on again!!! But the living room lights are on all the time now, switch off, and the microwave has stopped working now (even though when we open the door the light comes on and the turntable turns, but nothing else works about it!!!!)
T Cobe, I am not sure of the brand of power cords I have, a collection, Furutech or something??, assorted anyway. Big enough that they are too heavy and falling off sometimes. The Signal cables are the speaker cables to all speakers and interconnects in critical areas except for some MIT cables where I run my tubed CD player in pure direct mode. Sadly, I cannot hear any difference between that and the Oppo playing CDs.
Yes, I figure I am set, the only thing I would LIKE to change out is my sub, but that is not likely in this lifetime. l plan to post again and ask a question, but not tonight.
Rick, thanks for the comment on my avatar, that boy hangs in our bedroom. I am a big fan of the late Native American artist, Frank Howell. This is called "Lakota Shirt Wearer" (hand signed)
But he is not the boss, hanging in our living room over the mantle is this BAD BOY:
"Standing rock Ceremonial" (hand signed, named and colored, numbered limited edition)
Man does not live by music alone. God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Well in the previous post, I pasted a couple of references to places on Ebay where these prints are being sold, you could see bigger pics, but those got kicked off.
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Great pic's, Wayne! I'll research Frank Howell work.

Thanks!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 1 month ago

Dave Douglas / Meaning and Mystery (2006) -- Culture Wars

Another new arrival I've been listening to since this weekend. I've been listening using the Primaluna Premium Preamp (new Mullard 12AU7 tubes) and also without it. The best sound comes from the Oppo 105 directly into the Torii, minus the Primaluna...much more transparency.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back