file Currently playing

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 1 month ago

A track for those that prefer vocals. This is from the same album. The later part of disk two has some more contemporary offerings. Sound quality on this CD is great. There is a little distortion, here and there, on some of the classics. This one is clean! Nora Jones has a sultry, seductive, and relaxing tone.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eiffel62's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 133
eiffel62 Posted 8 years 1 month ago

T Cobe wrote: This is one amazing track! I'm actually listening to disk 2 of The Best of Blue Note. Both disks have a number of great songs and I would highly recommend this album to anyone interested in getting their feet wet with Jazz.

T Cobe,

Got this one on top of wishlist at AP, there is a SACD of that title there. Wish I would of saw your posting an hour ago or it would be on it's way.

UPS just delivered Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band "Swingin' For The Fences" which I ran into on Amazon for cheap, $8. It's a Dvd-Audio in 5.1. I have had XXL since I got into Dvd-Audio with my 2004 Acura TL over a decade ago. It was due to Anthem's postings of this band that convinced me to try this one out.

I think I like XXL album a bit better, but this sounds pretty good now that my other T1 is fixed and today is the first day of the T1/T2+/SCXXL listening. Volume is turned down a tad as I am treating the repaired T1 as needing break-in. But it sounds awesome!

Spkrs: GE Triton One L/R, GE SCXXL Center, GE Triton 2+ Surrs, DCM TF600 Rears
Pre pro: Emotiva XMC-1, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
Amps: Emotiva Gen3(2) 3-Chan LCR, 4-Chan Surr&Rears
Sources: Oppo BDP-105, ClearAudio Concept TT with MM Cartridge
Display: Vizio SmartCast P55-C1 Ultra HD HDR LCD
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 1 month ago

Yellowjackets / A Rise In The Road (2013) -- Civil War

What an awesome cd, and great sounding too.
If I were to dip my big toe into contemporary jazz, this is where I would start.
These guys have put out what seems like a million albums, and each one tops the other...Highly recommended.

Eiffel62: so glad The Phat Band is "Music to your Ears"
We are still weaning T Cobe on Be Bop & Free Jazz...it may take time for him to veer over to The Phat Band... :P eventually I think he will.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Eiffel62,

Glad you liked the track and found a new album, but I'm most glad to hear that you have your T1s back in action. I would not be happy to be without my Tritons! I look forward to hearing your listening impressions now that you have all your gear in place.

I may be stuck on Be Bop but Civil War and Swingin' for the Fences both sounded pretty good to me. We'll see if this old dog can learn a new trick and get into that easy listening stuff. I'm not making any promises.

KOB won't be here until Thursday but I'll have Friday AM to compare versions. I'll compare to my regular Columbia/Sony CD, numbered vinyl special edition, and the 32-bit UHD Sony remaster. Of the two I own now, the record is definitely better sounding but the distortion is still present. Everything else sounds more natural on the LP. I'll try to post something Friday AM if I'm able to avoid running out the door like a kid on Christmas morning before going to see Suicide Squad. :whistle:

Cheers,

T Cobe
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Back on The Best of Blue Note, but this time with Lee Morgan's Sidewinder. This track is just as transparent as Chitlins Con Carne. Every instrument is captured perfectly. The bass is particularly noteworthy on this one. I would classify this disk as reference quality and I don't say that often.

Cheers,

T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 1 month ago

Jae Sinnett The Better Half (1999) -- Different Strokes

The Wife likes this one...me too!

Lee Morgan -- The Sidewinder -- Grand Stuff!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back