file Currently playing

• eiffel62's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 133
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
eiffel62 Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Moderator. info_outline

T Cobe wrote: I've got a hybrid SACD version of this album on my wish list. Streaming the album over Amazon Prime even sounds good with this one. I'm looking forward to having the disk. I haven't heard a bad song on this album.

Yeah, based on your earlier review, I have the Midnight Blue SACD of this on wishlist as well. It sounded great on Tidal when I played it last week.

Been waiting for some more releases from AP but instead got the blu-ray Rhino release of "Chicago Quadio" and have been listening to this the last couple of days. I have had the Dvd-Audio of Chicago (II) and Chicago V for some time, but none of the other albums in any format. The reviews have been favorable, so I went for it. This is a 192/24 DTS-HD Master Audio of nine discs in 4.0 Quad with new 2016 remastering.

My review of Chicago Transit Authority and Chicago III albums (skipped Chicago (II) for now), is very good. What I really like about the sound is that there is no upper harshness from the horns or anything for that matter. These are not the best sounding blu-rays I have but it is hard to top 2L and Steve Wilson recordings imho.

I have not compared the two Dvd-Audio album duplicates that I have, but I will hopefully get to that over the weekend. I can say that listening with the T1/T2+ combo, and with Dirac re-run on the XMC-1, is pretty impressive. Not missing the SCXXL at all with these.

Spkrs: GE Triton One L/R, GE SCXXL Center, GE Triton 2+ Surrs, DCM TF600 Rears
Pre pro: Emotiva XMC-1, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
Amps: Emotiva Gen3(2) 3-Chan LCR, 4-Chan Surr&Rears
Sources: Oppo BDP-105, ClearAudio Concept TT with MM Cartridge
Display: Vizio SmartCast P55-C1 Ultra HD HDR LCD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eiffel62's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 133
eiffel62 Posted 8 years 1 month ago

anthem wrote: Herb Alpert / Come Fly with Me (2015)

Anthem,

So how do you like this Herb Alpert album? It has been a while since I last bought any from him. I think it was 2005 when the Herb Alpert & Tijuana Brass, Herb Alpert Signature Series from Shout! Factory was released and I got all that came out in CD. The series included: The Lonely Bull, South Of The Border, Whipped Cream & Other Delights, !!Going Places!!, S.R.O, What Now My Love, and Lost Treasures (Rare & Unreleased), a mix bag of songs.

I think these CDs are OOP but many can be had for cheap like at Discogs. I think they sound pretty good!
Spkrs: GE Triton One L/R, GE SCXXL Center, GE Triton 2+ Surrs, DCM TF600 Rears
Pre pro: Emotiva XMC-1, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
Amps: Emotiva Gen3(2) 3-Chan LCR, 4-Chan Surr&Rears
Sources: Oppo BDP-105, ClearAudio Concept TT with MM Cartridge
Display: Vizio SmartCast P55-C1 Ultra HD HDR LCD
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by anthem. info_outline

Jeff Golub with Brian Auger / Train Keeps a Rolling (2013) -- Happiness is Just Around the Bend

Excellent cd all the way through.

T Cobe: I've not tried Anti-Cable's speaker wire. Dilettante (forum member) has. The DIY Military copper/silver wire, which we both have, is superior. But hey, give it a try, certainly won't hurt.

To date, I have 3 Anti-Cable Reference 3 powercords and a 6.2 Absolute Signature RCA Analog Interconnect. I'm thinking of adding 2-3 more Reference 3 powercords by Christmas.

I like my Military copper/silver wires and Clarity Cable Speaker wires.
At this point I'm done with speaker wire.

Eiffel62: I like Herb Alpert's Come Fly with me, especially the song "Cheeky". If you're a fan pick it up. If you're not a fan, pick it up. :cheer:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

March Fourth Marching Band / Rise Up (2009) -- Wet Nap

This cd deserves volume, that's why tonight I switched over to the Emotiva xpa 1's and Primaluna Premium Preamp.
Crank her up, this cd will blow you away.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Whew! Catching up after a hectic couple days.. my wife came home yesterday, after all sorts of last minute SNAFU's the day before, with walker and all sorts of safety equipment, with follow-up home PT visits to come. Fractured pelvis's plus bruised ribs are NOT fun, she will readily concur!

Anthem, I agree with you, Herb Alpert's CHEEKY is a keeper. i have it on my DEEZER favorites playlist.

Eiffel62, I'm happy to see you're liking the T1/T2+ combo in 4.0! Let us know how the T1's/T2+'s and SCXXL work out for you after you get some listening time to 5.0 or 5.1.

T Cobe, thanks for fixing my non-appearing pic the other day in the humor thread...was in too much of a hurry after a hectic day of installing safety equipment, chasing walker's that were supposed to be available to take home but weren't, etc. etc.

Things should settle down over the next few days, though I'll have to limit headphone use so I'll be able to hear "the bell" if my wife needs something. :P

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Rick:

Read your post to the wife, and she responds, "Ahhh, The Bell"...
Tell Judy, Juanita and I are praying for her.
Wishing her a fast and complete recovery.

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back