• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 4 months ago

Joe Henderson / Page One (1963) -- La Mesa

This is one sweet tune.
Rick: I'll bet you'll like this one.
T Cobe: this recording would be right at home in your collection. Sonically, very good.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 4 months ago
I took a trip to my local GET dealer today to check out some balanced cables. Switching back and forth between the cheap XLRs I have at home has proven to me I can hear a difference. One of the cables I own has more bass and is more dynamic, while the other has cleaner sound and a deeper sound stage. I wanted to know if I could find a cable that could combine the best of both: turns out I can.

We tested several cables while listening to an orchestral performance of Take Five. It wasn't the one linked here and I'm going to have to e-mail my dealer to find out what we were listening to exactly because it was a great recording. Anyways, I took the cleaner sounding cable I own to compare to a few higher end options. The difference between my cable and the Nordost cables was the most pronounced. In fact, it was down right dramatic. There was a lot of additional bass and improved dynamics, transparency, and depth. The Nordost cables had it all. I laughed and told my dealer "one day, your going to save me money!" That day wasn't today. I'm now leaning strongly towards a couple pair of Blue Heaven or Red Dawn Nordost XLRs to round out my two channel system.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

This is the version of Take Five I was auditioning with the various cables. You have to hear this on your system to appreciate it. A portable device will not do it justice.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395, Roman Johnston

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Finally getting around to listening to Jagged Little Pill Acoustic by Alanis Morrissette. Since I'm not sure about the rules on explicit lyrics here on the forum, I'll refrain from linking the YouTube video of You Oughtta Know but it sounds great. This LP is clean and free of hiss, pos, and clicks. I'm not sure if it's the record or my recent audition of Nordost cables, but my music is sounding a little anemic. I feel my wallet getting lighter...

Cheers,

T Cobe
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 4 months ago

Jae Sinnett / The Sinnett Hearings (2006) -- What Elvin Left

Drinking Lavazza - Santa Marta (Italy's favorite coffee) and listening to Jae.

TCobe: I'm glad your ears are being titillized by different cables.
I have cables (RCA & XLR) ranging from $3.99 - $1k...to my ear, the best sound I've heard are my DYI Military Silver/Copper RCA ($50.00)...they just do things right, especially the top end.

Happy hunting...it's a fun hobby.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Roman Johnston's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 802
Roman Johnston Posted 8 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

T Cobe wrote: This is the version of Take Five I was auditioning with the various cables. You have to hear this on your system to appreciate it. A portable device will not do it justice.

Cheers,

T Cobe

VERY Nice! I liked this quite a bit. More soul and structure than the average cookie cutter jazz and nice recording. Music I listen to has to have a structure, evidence of artful construction. Whether it is RAP, Jazz, Rock, Electronic, dubstep. There has to be something I feel from the spirit of the creator, could be technique, or artful layering, tiny details, or the ebb and flow connection with my own spirit. But if it has it....I like it. And those details cross all genres of music.

Roman
LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Surround System = SSat3 x5
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
Nearfield System = Aon 2 Mains
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back