file Currently playing

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Pbgalvin Posted 8 years 4 months ago
Back on topic - Stereophile had a glowing review of Andy Gonzalez Entre Colegas - Latin Jazz with lots of stand up bass (which is what Andy plays).
Checked it out on itunes and it sounded outstanding, ordering the CD which should be more so.
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 4 months ago

Bill Stewart / Telepathy (1997) -- Mynah

The Torii & T2's are hitting on all 16 cylinders today...great sound.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

eiffel62 wrote: Not speaking for anyone else, but I wonder if it is due to a lack of hi-rez, multi-channel music for C+W. I do enjoy listening to that genre at times, but if I want to hear music in 5.1 , I just do not have much; just plenty in Jazz, Prog-Rock, and Classical to choose from.

Not quite a C+W album, but Willie Nelson's Stardust is one I enjoy in stereo (SACD).

Hi, eiffel62

Just wanted to comment on surround, HD, SACD. I too love surround, and especially HD/SACD versions. The separation and clarity makes it more like a concert. 5.1 is my absolute favorite playing mode.

When I CAN'T find/play "true" surround, I have taken to playing 2.0 in "multi-channel" stereo, where I can dial in any/all speakers I want to add. It's always at least center/surrounds in addition to fronts, and usually also ceiling Invisa speakers. There is just something about the "concert hall" effect of adding the extra speakers in stereo mode that for me is better than the sound of "pure stereo" in the fronts only. And, yes, I love my T1 fronts, and they sound fantastic all by themselves, but the depth and concert hall aura I can achieve with ALL the other GEt speakers adding in is just too addictive for me.

I will always be in awe of the magic of how GEt speakers blend together. The sound field that envelopes me in surround or multi-channel mode is just too amazingly mesmerizing for me. I can't resist the temptation.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 4 months ago

Joe Sample / Ashes to Ashes -- Mother's Eyes

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood.
The Torri and T2's are firing on 17 cylinders this morning.
Remind me again why I need the T2 + or the T1's ;)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe, Roman Johnston

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 4 months ago

anthem wrote: The Torri and T2's are firing on 17 cylinders this morning.

You don't, as I keep reminding people (especially people trying to decide between a new Triton Three+ and a deal on a remaining pair of original Twos), the Triton Two was everybody's loudspeaker or audio product of the year at introduction. Things have improved a bit since then, but not THAT much. Enjoy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 4 months ago

Moderator wrote:

anthem wrote: The Torri and T2's are firing on 17 cylinders this morning.

You don't, as I keep reminding people (especially people trying to decide between a new Triton Three+ and a deal on a remaining pair of original Twos), the Triton Two was everybody's loudspeaker or audio product of the year at introduction. Things have improved a bit since then, but not THAT much. Enjoy.

Hey, Anthem

I'm streaming Joe Sample's Ashes to Ashes right now, in my usual multi channel stereo set-up. The T2's COMPLETELY hold their own, don't take a back seat at all...haven't given a thought to upgrading them. I love them just the way they are. They DO fire on all cylinders!

Good album!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back