file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 3 months ago

Joshua Redman / Joshua Redman (1993) -- Trinkle Tinkle

Another well done, great sounding cd from Redman. Trinkle Tinkle is the standout song here...Oddles of detail on this one.

T Cobe: I happened to check out the Norddost/Red Dawn cables and noticed they are almost 100% silver plated...be careful, that amount of silver can be disasterous for brass and woodwind instruments. I've found it sounds best to have a silver/copper mixture...copper seems to offset the harshness found in silver.

With that being said, I personally hope the Red Dawns give you the sound you're after.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 3 months ago

Sonny Clark / Cool Struttin' (1958) -- Sippin' At Bells

I gave this disc another application of Optrix Clarifier/Cleaner...I am once again Impressed with the sound.
Elavator music?...No Way
Cookie Cutter music?...Depends who you talk to :P
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

anthem wrote: Joshua Redman / Joshua Redman (1993) -- Trinkle Tinkle

Another well done, great sounding cd from Redman. Trinkle Tinkle is the standout song here...Oddles of detail on this one.

T Cobe: I happened to check out the Norddost/Red Dawn cables and noticed they are almost 100% silver plated...be careful, that amount of silver can be disasterous for brass and woodwind instruments. I've found it sounds best to have a silver/copper mixture...copper seems to offset the harshness found in silver.

With that being said, I personally hope the Red Dawns give you the sound you're after.

Thanks, Anthem. I've also heard that about silver. I actually auditioned a number of cables now and auditioned the Nordost line with a significant amount of brass. I'm sure you can imagine what my reference line up would look like. :laugh: The sound was smooth, rich, and detailed. Brass was dynamic but not etched or harsh. Everything just sounded right. By comparison, the copper AudioQuest cables sounded grainy on the same tracks: a bit harsh as well. I'm not sure what technology or art they employ at Nordost but it's first rate!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
'Sherry", from the CD recording of the Broadway musical about the Four Seasons, called Jersey Boys. (Saw this on Broadway several years ago.)

I actually prefer the music on this CD to the original recordings by the Four Seasons... much more dynamc... SQ was so-so on most of the originals.

This song REALLY "pops" on the GEt's.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 3 months ago

This one has certainly lived up to expectations! This album is stunning. If you want to hear what a system is made of, play this disk for a few minutes. From the very first seconds of Birdland, the Tritons blew me away. This version of Take Five had me spending big money on new audio cables. Besides the performance value, sound quality is fantastic. I can't wait to listen to the rest of this import CD.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Keep at the improvements, T Cobe!

I love reading about products/cables I haven't tried.

I'm "lining up" Manhattan Jazz Orchestra's "Birdland" as I write this. My wife is about to do some errands...I tend to love SL's a LOT louder than she does...

BTW, I've been listening to my new SONY headphones that I will bring to NH, to compare them to the "GEt sound". Nice, detailed, bass OK and impressive but not as clean. But then no one else produces the whole range of sound with such realism. (Still waiting/hinting for GEt's entry into the headphone segment.)

Keep the feedback up on the Nordosts! I'll need some projects when I get back.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back