heart Power Cords

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 6 years 2 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Will look forward to any more reports AND when they are on the Bel Cantos, we hope you report back. At least they are good looking cords. Are you still going with 1 m, will that be long enough that you won't have to move things around again?

Wayne, I'll definitely report back on what I hear. Yes, I'm getting 1 m, and I'll pray I don't have to move things around. Thing is , besides the cost, I don't want a ton of wound up cable back there.

I did end up turning down my TRef sub amps a little. Something is really different with the Red Dawn; maybe it's an inductance or capacitance thing (even though it's on the power side). There is much there I don't understand.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Bro Charlie, do you mean, are you saying that you have more bass now with the new PC on your DAC?
Thanks for your contributions here, you are an informative guy!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes, more bass from the DAC, which is also a preamp. That was the first thing I noticed when I installed the cord. Methinks the DAC/pre needs to suck mightily when signal levels are high. Keep in mind the difference is small. I changed the TRef sub amp setting from 1/4 of a division past 12:00 to 12:00. And yes, I can hear that small a change. Which is why I was so baffled when John Atkinson felt the need to turn it down to 9:00. But that's another rant.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Without going into a 432 page report on the Audience Forte F3 PC, I feel it is superior to the AntiCable Reference 3, in many ways, especially the bass, when used on the Oppo 205. The bass just floors me. Instruments seem better focused. There is more clarity to the overall sound which beckons one to crank the volume louder than it should be. There is also a 3-dimensionality in most recordings, which gives a trance-like feel. I absolutely Love this cord.

Saturday I Emailed Daniel Harmon (owner) Dedicatedaudio.com. I told him how much I liked the Audience Forte 3 and wanted to know how long the price of $149.95 would hold. He is working with the manufacturer and will probably keep that price for 30 more days...Around the end of July.

If any of you guys (especially Rick) are looking to upgrade your pc's on your Dacs, cd, Blu-ray players) this one is a No Brainer.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, charliehatch

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Thanks, Anthem!

Are you planning to try it on other gear also?

I’m thinking, based on your enthusiasm, to have one delivered here in NH at the sale price, bring it back with me to TX, and try it on the Oppo, and then switch with the Nordost currently on the AVR to hear how each cord does on each component.

If you do try it on your Primaluna, Anthem, etc., any observations greatly appreciated.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anthem wrote: The bass just floors me. Instruments seem better focused. There is more clarity to the overall sound which beckons one to crank the volume louder than it should be. There is also a 3-dimensionality in most recordings, which gives a trance-like feel. I absolutely Love this cord.

Anthem, thanks for the report. Audience strikes again! And, for a lot less money!

I experienced all of these things when I installed the Nordost Red Dawn PC on my Auralic Vega DAC/Pre! Everything you said here applies to my experience too.

The increased bass mystifies me. Why? (Anybody?) If, as some say, a music-modulated supply current really does appear on the PC, then maybe a change in PC inductance or capacitance could produce that effect. It is strange for sure and not what I expected to happen.

Anthem, what about break in? Did you notice changes over time?

My two additional Red Dawns are in the hands of UPS and should be here Friday, and they will go into service supplying my monoblock amps. Once again, I don't expect any change because I think the power supply storage for those amps must be colossal. We'll see...

Charlie

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back