heart Power Cords

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ArthurDaniels Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Ah, Rick -- Doth appear to me that you too enjoy the thrill of the search for audio nirvana. I have settled down for a bit to just listen.

Happy listening, indeed,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Rick:
I told the wife i was through with Power Cord shopping, but after seeing the Audience Forte F3 PC, I'm not so sure.

www.dedicatedaudio.com/collections/audie...6e&mc_eid=3ef1e8d16a

AUDIENCE FORTE F3 POWER CHORD AUDIENCE INTRODUCES A NEW INEXPENSIVE POWER CABLE? A couple of weeks ago John McDonald, President of Audience, called me all excited about a new inexpensive power cable he was just introducing called Forte F3. He told me at the time that he thought this cable had turned out extremely well and commented that “he believed it really sounded terrific”. I remember asking myself “how great could it be for $299”? I ordered a few on faith and low and behold John was absolutely right about the Forte F3. Although It looks well-made it is fairly non-descript. However, it does sound really good, especially for the price. I removed a $1,200. heavy duty, fancy looking power cable with silver plated conductors from another manufacturer from my Synthesis 69DC tube-based DAC and replaced it with the $299 Audience Forte. From the first note it was better in nearly every category right out of the box and has steadily improved over my time with it so far. With the Forte installed the sound stage became more focused and a bit of leanness present with the other cable faded away as the Forte settled in. It definitely has that ‘Audience’ ability to just make one’s system produce sound that’s more like real instruments and less like a hifi. That’s something that as a musician and recording engineer is very important to me and the reason I own over 20 different guitars. Each one has a different character to it and with Audience cables in general more of those differences are revealed to the listener and the Forte is no exception. The color and texture of individual instruments was vivid while ambient space within the recording was faithfully reproduced, becoming grand and cavernous when it needed to be but small and intimate when the recording called for it. Voices were very realistic, and I sat and admired how I could hear the chest and the throat of the singer along with breathiness, not in a sterile way but in a way that made me feel more connected with emotion of the singer. This was true regardless of what type of music I listened to. Even singers with rough gravelly voices were handled in a way that almost had me smelling bourbon and cigarettes. Pianos were full and rich with just the right amount of sparkle but with no hint of the glassy glare so often heard. Bass was tight and detailed and full of rhythm and bounced along in a way that had me tapping my toes on several occasions. Cymbals which so often can sound splashy had a natural shimmer that just wasn’t apparent with the former cable. In my opinion Audience has hit a home run with the Forte F3 PowerChord. With it’s balance between price and performance I believe it is a true bargain capable of performing at a higher level than many of its competitor’s offerings that cost significantly more. Job well done! David Jensen
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, charliehatch

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Hi, Anthem

If you end up trying the Audience Forte F3, please share your impressions vs. the AntiCable Reference 3's!

I've not heard any Audience PC's.

With speakers that reward every tick up in SQ, I don't think we ever stop thinking about "tinkering" with what/how we feed them, whether it's with IC's, speaker cables, source/amp gear, acoustic panels, bass traps, floor speaker spikes, noise reduction via power conditioners, and of course power cords. :)

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Hey Guys,
Bro Charlie uses and I think sorta swears by Audience cables, but for PC IF I remember right, he just followed your lead Bro Rick and is trying out a Nordost.
Can't wait to hear from Charlie on his listening test, and from you Bro Anthem on the Aud. PC.
Happy listening boys,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Yes, I use Audience Au24-SX interconnects (RCA) and speaker cables. I haven't had the good fortune (as in $$$) to try a large number of high end cables, but when I went from Morrow Audio Elites to Audience, I noticed an immediate improvement in imaging precision and smoothness. Audience makes very nice cables, as does Morrow.

After trying Pangea power cords and hearing zero difference over stock cords, I went back to the stock. I just ordered a Nordost Red Dragon for my DAC, so we'll see if I hear an improvement with that. Fingers crossed and waiting I am.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

charliehatch wrote:
. I just ordered a Nordost Red Dragon for my DAC, so we'll see if I hear an improvement with that. Fingers crossed and waiting I am.

Charlie

Hi, Charlie

Have you received and tried the Nordost PC? Any early impressions yet?

Thanks!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back