WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 9 months ago
Thanks Eiffel, welcome to the club!!!!
Great story and scary costume.
Good song though.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
I guess this thread hasn’t been used for awhile...

Anthem, I promised I’d report on what the AntiCable Reference 3 did for my ATi amp, which had a 20 amp plug in.

Well, I got it plugged in today to the ATi, which I already love. Played a movie to help break it in. Then, played familiar Blu-ray music, like Eagles and Roy Orbison. Same story as with other components... it’s like a veil I didn't even know existed got lifted,.

Like I was 10 rows closer to the best seats in the house. In fact, had the very best seats in the house

Voices got even clearer, instruments sounded even closer. The usual comments about power cords talk about better bass, dynamics. I guess that was there, too. But my first impression was ‘I just moved to the best seat in the house”..

Natural, absolutely nothing between me and the music is the closest I can come ro what the AntiCable did for the SQ.

So, yes, I am a power cord believer. And, yes, Anthem, I still love my ATi amp. Just love it even bettted powered by an
AntiCable power cord!-

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 10 months ago
Thanks Rick for the Great report.The AntiCable Reference 3 seems to be a Very Special Power Cord. Last year their website had 15% off on Black Friday. I think this year I'll pick up another cord or two, and maybe look into some of their speaker wires (3.1's)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
More on the AntiCable Reference 3 power cord I installed on theATi 5 channel amp.

Up to now, I’ve experienced the most dramatic affect with these power cords with components that do the most digital processing. I.E. the Oppo player and the Marantz AVR. I’ve now been listening to various sources (tv signal, discs, SONOS) with the new cord powering the ATi amp. Across the board, the SQ is more natural, like I’m there. At least equivalent in SQ improvement to what happened with these power cords on the player and receiver.

Love these power cords!!!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 10 months ago
Bro Rick, your enthusiasm made me go to the Anticables website and look again!!!
I believe you are hearing these improvements, I trust your ears, but I don't trust that my ears will hear those improvements.
AND they clearly state that it is better to plug these into the wall socket instead of a power conditioner. BUT my power conditioner is important. It is not only a surge protector, but my voltage is all over the place. My power conditioner has leds that read out the incoming voltage and the 220 V that it is supplying. And they are never the same, not even that close. Right now it is reading 232 incoming. It sometimes gets down to 209, really I do not want to chance bypassing my conditioner.
And, as I have said before, I already have power cables that look like water hoses, BIG (becoz, IF anything makes sense to me about aftermarket power cables, it would be having more copper) and I just don't think I would hear the improvement.
Perhaps you can demo for me when I come visiting at your house?
All the best, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
Hey, Wayne

Every system, situation is different. You’re right to want to run through a power conditioner to even out power fluctuations. And yes, that would reduce the effectiveness of the AntiCables. But first things first.

Also, different components react differently. I can only comment on what has happened in my system with my components. As always, YMMV.

Happy listening!

Rick
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back