• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
From an Anti-Cable newsletter "Why Power Cords Matter"

"If you think of a power cord as the LAST five feet from... the power plant..it does not have much sonic advantage. But if you model a power cord as the FIRST five feet of getting the noise generated in the component's own power supply out of the component (so it does not get into the music), power cords make a lot more sense."

..."Noise in DAC's causes timing errors called jitter, and it is jitter that makes digital audio sound flat, hard and non-dynamic. Jitter makes bass sound wooly, voices and piano sound harmonically uninteresting and cymbals sound like spray cans".

.."A properly designed power cord can improve the sound of any component, it is just generally true that digital components have greater potential for sonic improvements..."

Interesting perspective. More info on anticables.com/power-cords.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 2 days ago
Last edit: 8 years 2 days ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
We're back in TX and digging out from under getting cable/TIVO, internet, phones etc. working right again. WHEW! You'd think it would be automatic. Electronics don't stop changing, and devices need updates when restarted.

The Nobsound tube headphone amp is here, haven't had a chance to try it out yet... report to follow.

Today I played SONOS/DEEZER FLAC music through the Marantz AVR, pure direct to the T1's only with an Anti-Cable power cord attached, and amped as usual by the NAD amp with it's usual Pangea 14 power cord attached. Then I replaced the Pangea on the NAD with the 2nd Anti-Cable to see how that sounded (I played pure direct stereo instead of my usual multi-channel because I wanted to evaluate what the Anti-Cable on the NAD would do for the T1's that it powers). The Pangea was a step up from the stock cord: better dynamics. But the Anti-Cable is a big step up from there. The same words always come to mind when I hear what an Anti-Cable does for a component. The SQ just got cleaner, more natural, with great dynamics. Voices in particular sound like the person is right there in the room. So, I ordered a third Anti-Cable today. The second, which was on the OPPO, is staying on the NAD amp (I just like the SQ too much to take it off), and the new, third, will go on the OPPO. That trio will give me Anti-Cable coverage on the DAC's in the OPPO and Marantz, and the amp's in the NAD (for the T1's) and Marantz (the Marantz powers all speakers except the T1's).

Still to decide: Anti-Cables for Triton tower subs???? TBD

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 2 days ago
Rick,

Glad you finally made it home. Is Judy home as well? How was the trip home for her? Hopefully she'all be dancing around the Texas house soon.

Your report on the level 3 AntiCable was not surprising. My XPA-5 and Oppo have remained the home for my cords but I have a Nordost Red Dawn on my AVM-60. The resulting sound is very good. I recently ordered a pair of speaker cables on clearance from AntiCables as well. I'm hopeful that they will arrive this week. I'll make sure to share my findings.

I look forward to hearing some more "currently playing" selections from you now that your back home with your GET setup. I guess we'll have to give you a few weeks to get settled. ;)

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 2 days ago
Last edit: 8 years 2 days ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hey, T Cobe

Yes, Judy and I flew back together. She has graduated from a walker to using a cane on uneven surfaces, and no cane inside. I had prearranged wheelchair help for her in the long walks in the airports, but she's getting better fast and looking forward to getting her toes back in the water with her dance pals.

I'm still way behind listening to the Currently Playing thread. I'll get there shortly and chime in more.

I'll be interested in your impressions of the Anti-Cable speaker cables when you get a chance to try them.

Happy listening!

Rick
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 1 day ago
Hey Rick:

Glad to hear you and Aunt Judy made it home safely.
As far as the AC pc's on the T2's are considered...they sound great, but I don't believe there is a difference between them and the Venom 3's. The Venom 3's seem to be made for the T2's. The AntiCable Reference 3's appears to work best on Source, Amps, and Preamp components. So with that being said, save your cash, keep the Venom 3's on the T2's, and invest in AC 3's elsewhere in your system.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 1 day ago
Well Rick, glad you and your wife are back in God's Country!!!!
I am looking forward, after you get settled in, to hear all your listening impressions on the headphone system with the amp, and the new music with your already fantastic surround system.
There should be some musical revelations awaiting you!!!
Enjoy,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back