file Love My Triton 3s

• JohnnyR711's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
JohnnyR711 Posted 9 years 5 months ago
Just wanted to write in to say what a remarkable speaker the Tritons are for all types of listening. I really stumbled upon Golden Ears Triton series speakers while researching a speaker upgrade. I went to the web site of a fine Home Theater Company near me because they carried PSB speakers. On the What's New section of their site I saw the reviews on the Triton series and I was intrigued. I went to the H/T store to hear both the PSB and Triton series, however they did not have the PSB model I was interested in hearing. I spoke at length with the owner of this H/T business mostly about speakers and he just raved and raved about the Triton series. I brought some speaker test CDs that I had compiled and I was amazed at the sound coming out of those sleek towers. I subsequently went out of town and was lucky enough to get to another Hi Fi store to again try and audition both PSB and Triton speakers. Again the PSB model was not available but I spent some quality time with a pair of Triton 3s and was again amazed at the sound. I went back to the store the following day and purchased a pair of the Triton 3s for direct shipment saving quite a bit of money as well as obtaining an outstanding speaker system. I am currently running the Triton 3s with 2 sources: a Harman Kardon 85 watt 2 channel receiver with a Rotel CD player and a Thorens TD 318 turntable as well as a Denon AVR X4000 and a Sony blue ray player both systems sound great.
Since setting them up I have had friends who are musicians as well as an audiophile and the best quote was when one of the musicians asked How can you get better sound than that???
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 5 months ago
That is great JohnnyR711,
Glad you are enjoying your tunes with these great speakers!!! My Triton 3s are sweet sounding too!!!!
I did not quite understand, have you tried the T3s in both systems, or do you move them back and forth, or have 2 sets of T3s?
Do they sound better to you with the Denon or the Harmon Kardon?
Thanks for reporting in and please keep us informed.
Enjoy the music,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Tsgt2007's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 161
Tsgt2007 Posted 9 years 1 month ago
I also have the triton 3 and sat 50's for the center channel and surround sound in my small condo and I have to say they sound fantastic!
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Hi Tsgt2007, welcome to the fun!!!!!
I am glad you are enjoying your T3s, they are wonderful speakers!!!
Please tell us more about your system, your setup, if you have time.
What are you using them for, music only or movies too?
In any case, happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, Tsgt2007

• Tsgt2007's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 161
Tsgt2007 Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Hello Wayne! I am having lots of fun!! I have a small setup with a marantz SR 5008 and a Panasonic blu ray player which I'm debating on upgrading to a Marantz or an Oppo blu ray. I can't make up my mind. What do you recommend? I'm also using audioquest type 4 speaker cables for the front and center channel and the audioquest 14/4 speaker cable for the surround speakers. I also have audioquest hdmi cables as well. I really like audioquest products! The TV I have is a 65 inch led LG 9200 series and I do listen to all types of music and I love how this system performs in home theater action and two channel stereo.

Jose
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Tsgt2007,

Sounds like a nice set up for a condo space! I hope your neighbors are tolerant of any spirited listening. One thing I've found with my GET products is that they beg to be played loud even though they sound great at any level. I use low cost AudioQuest analog cables as well. I feel like they are well built and if you stay in their entry level products, they provide a reasonable return on investment.

In terms of a Blu-Ray player, I can enthusiastically recommend Oppo. I've owned a few of their players over the past 7 years. I currently have a BDP-103D and it's been great! I'm sure Marantz has some solid players as well and having matching devices in your equipment set up may be a visual benefit if your equipment is exposed in a living room. I'm not normally a big fan of big box stores but Best Buy Magnolia stores carry the Oppos and you could probably compare the two brands at one of these locations.

Good luck and happy hunting! Please let us know what you decide and how it sounds.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Tsgt2007

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back