file Love My Triton 3s

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 11 months ago
I've been using Shunyata Research Venom 3's on my T2's for a couple of weeks now, they seem too tighten up the bass. Try a pair, musicdirect.com has an 60 day satisfaction guarantee...if you don't like them, send them back.

Shunyata Venom 3 Power Cable: The Reference Entry-Level AC Cord at a Price All Audiophiles Can Afford
Winner of The Absolute Sound's Product of the Year Award: You Won't Believe How Much Better Your System Will Sound With Shunyata Venom 3 Power Cable
The world's most effective and best-selling aftermarket power cable, Shunyata Venom 3 offers exponential improvement over any stock cable. Built from better metal, with better shielding, and improved conductivity, Venom 3 has it all. Most importantly, this Product of the Year Award-winning cable offers unbeatable performance at a price most music lovers can afford. You will not believe what these cables will do to the sound of your system. All it takes is a quick listen to become a believer. 100% Music Direct Guaranteed.

Shunyata has single-handedly redefined the power cable marketplace. The company's reference-level power cords are the industry standard for both consumer and pro markets. Shunyata recently designed the best entry-level power cable. Venom 3 is the most sophisticated entry-level power cable ever built. We challenge you to audition them in your system. We are so confident in the performance of Venom 3, we stand behind their performance with our famous 60-day satisfaction guarantee!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, Tsgt2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline

anthem wrote: I've been using Shunyata Research Venom 3's on my T2's for a couple of weeks now, they seem too tighten up the bass. Try a pair, musicdirect.com has an 60 day satisfaction guarantee...if you don't like them, send them back.

Shunyata Venom 3 Power Cable: The Reference Entry-Level AC Cord at a Price All Audiophiles Can Afford
Winner of The Absolute Sound's Product of the Year Award: You Won't Believe How Much Better Your System Will Sound With Shunyata Venom 3 Power Cable
The world's most effective and best-selling aftermarket power cable, Shunyata Venom 3 offers exponential improvement over any stock cable. Built from better metal, with better shielding, and improved conductivity, Venom 3 has it all. Most importantly, this Product of the Year Award-winning cable offers unbeatable performance at a price most music lovers can afford. You will not believe what these cables will do to the sound of your system. All it takes is a quick listen to become a believer. 100% Music Direct Guaranteed.

Shunyata has single-handedly redefined the power cable marketplace. The company's reference-level power cords are the industry standard for both consumer and pro markets. Shunyata recently designed the best entry-level power cable. Venom 3 is the most sophisticated entry-level power cable ever built. We challenge you to audition them in your system. We are so confident in the performance of Venom 3, we stand behind their performance with our famous 60-day satisfaction guarantee!

Anthem,

What differences have you heard with these cables besides tighter bass? I'm a bit skeptical of power cables depending on the application. I have dedicated 12 guage, 20-amp outlets run to each of my Triton Ones. I think the power cables that came with the T1s are 18 guage. Seems like that might be bit small. I'm thinking a 12 guage shielded power cables may be a good addition. Going any larger than that seems pointless if the 60 to 100 foot of wire to my panel is only 12 guage. Shielded would be good due to the proximity of the speaker and LFE cables. Interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Tsgt2007

• Dilettante's Avatar Offline
  • ALL things work together for good...
    • Thank you received: 94
Dilettante Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Anthem and I have talked many times about power cords. He asked me to butt in here and tell you guys my story - so here goes - howbeit a shortened version.

I have an OPPO 103 feeding a Decware Torii MKIV 25 watt tube amp which drives my two T1's. I have tried everything I know to get a really "great" sound out of it. While I had "quality" sound I was confident my system could put out "extraordinary" sound. For 6 months now, I have swapped tubes, switched speaker wires, interconnects wires, and tried several high powered (read advertising) power cords. To be frank with everyone, while I heard minor differences with each of these items, I was less than impressed!! I spend upwards of 2-3 thousand dollars on these add-ons and months changing it all up to see if some combination could seriously improve the sound - all for VERY LITTLE improvement IMHO. Then one day Anthem suggested I try out the Shunyata Research Venom 3's. I found a deal on a set of 3 (MusicDirect). When they arrived, for starters, I used one to power the Torii amp - and hey I could notice a difference - significant but not overwhelmingly so. After listening for a while, turned the system off, unplugged the T1's (which we driven via Emotiva power cords as they were better than the GoldenEar standard shipped cords) and plugged them into the other two V3's. I turned the system on - and WOW!! Was I amazed!! It was overwhelming! The system had so much clarity - any orchestra seemed to have twice as many instruments - all voices had crystal clear like I had never heard except in VERY high end speakers - and each voice seemed to be upfront on the stage and sung directly into the microphone - guitar string picks were as clean and VERY musical. I could go on and on about the system - but I have to tell you, my system I would now far surpasses my expectations (and I had GREAT expectations)!!! I had a friend walk in the house last week when the system was playing - let's just say he was balled over!

I can't logically explain it! I told Anthem I didn't know if one minute all my hard work and hundreds of hours of break-in finally all hit at one time - or if these power cords just struck a "chord" with MY system. But I am saying - if you have T1s and have not tried the V3's, you owe it to yourself to try them - as someone said Music Direct has a 60 day free return policy. I don't know how they work on the T3's (this thread is about the T3's) or any other Triton speaker system - or on any other amp except the tube SET amp I am using - but I know what I have been trying to do for some 6 months - and finally I hit the jackpot when I plugged the V3's (direct from a normal household outlet) into the T1's!!!

Grace to all of you as we pursue our musical interest!!
OPPO 105 - Decware Torii MK IV - Triton Ones
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe, Tsgt2007, fopmc

• Tsgt2007's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 161
Tsgt2007 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Thank you everyone about this interesting topic. I didn't even realize there was so many different power cords. I will let you know what I did when I decide to go that route...
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe, fopmc

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

T Cobe wrote: I'm a bit skeptical of power cables depending on the application. I have dedicated 12 guage, 20-amp outlets run to each of my Triton Ones. I think the power cables that came with the T1s are 18 guage. Seems like that might be bit small.

The Power cords included with the Tritons are 14/2.

Regarding power cords, there is a thread in the forum on this topic, and if I recall one poster mentioned an engineer friend suggested that the power cord may be the most important "cable" to upgrade in a hifi system. It is our experience that in and of itself this may be a minor thing (and may vary by installation circumstance), but improvements tend to be additive. Every little minor thing, when taken as a whole, can make a pretty significant difference on the overall sound of the system. And that is why Tsgt2007 found so many choices in power cords, and you will in every other conceivable accessory upgrade that's out there. When someone not into audio hears my system and says "wow, those speakers are tremendous", I always reply, "its not just the speakers".
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe, Tsgt2007, fopmc

• Tsgt2007's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 161
Tsgt2007 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
I will definitely do my homework on these power cables. I will post what cables I purchased and how the speakers sound. Thanks again for the information! You guys are awesome!!!
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back