file Triton 1 R footing and fuse questions.

• Mikey272's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Mikey272 Posted 4 years 7 months ago
Hello friends, Let me just say quickly I'm a super happy and satisfied owner of the triton 1 r's. It's great to have speakers and not have the itch to upgrade and or change them :}.

1-Can some please tell me the exact type of fuse these fine speakers use. I need to know the size, fast or slow blow, and the amperage. Does anyone know? I was also wondering if this is an easy thing to do to switch out the current fuse for another.

2- Have any of you who own these fine speakers ever used The SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System footers underneath the speakers. I know these are sold for subwoofers. I figured with the subs being at the bottom of the speakers that these might be an improvement over the Herbie footers I'm using now. The great GAIA's are not a possibility for me right now at their price. Does anyone have any experience with The SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System footers.

A huge thank you to anyone who can help me out with any of these questions, Thank you and enjoy the music.

mIKEY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 4 years 7 months ago
The fuse for the Triton One.R is on the inside of the back panel and is 5x20MM, 6.3 amp, 250V, Slow-Blow. That's not an uncommon size so should be easy to find audiophile versions with those ratings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikey272

• Audionut74's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
Audionut74 Posted 4 years 7 months ago

Moderator wrote: The fuse for the Triton One.R is on the inside of the back panel and is 5x20MM, 6.3 amp, 250V, Slow-Blow. That's not an uncommon size so should be easy to find audiophile versions with those ratings.

Is the fuse size the same for the TRef also?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 4 years 7 months ago

Audionut74 wrote:

Moderator wrote: The fuse for the Triton One.R is on the inside of the back panel and is 5x20MM, 6.3 amp, 250V, Slow-Blow. That's not an uncommon size so should be easy to find audiophile versions with those ratings.

Is the fuse size the same for the TRef also?

Yes, same size and value for the fuse in the T-Ref.

• nreeque's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
nreeque Posted 4 years 3 months ago
The SVS feet work well with isolation, I used them both on the T1,T7 towers and the xxl center. But add 1.5" to the overall height which might move the tweeter up more than you want it. Same goes for most other chunky "acoustical foot" tweeter height might or might not make a difference for you and your siting distance and position, just be aware.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Good question re isolators!

I use GAIA'II's on my T Ref's and love them for the uptick in SQ, maybe especially bass tightness and punch. And I adjusted the GAIA'S to tilt the speakers down so the tweeters were still aimed at the listening position.

BUT I'd bet lots of different isolators can help. I use Herbie's isolators under my Oppo player and SuperCenter Ref, and they work darn well. So, not sure how much of an uptick you'll get moving from Herbie's feet to other isolators.

Heck can't hurt to try.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton 1 R footing and fuse questions.