file Triton 1 R footing and fuse questions.

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 4 years 6 days ago
Thanks, Matt. A good suggestion. I hadn't thought of doing that. Nice thing is that if you're careful, the speakers won't shift position. Yes, I'll be very careful of the grilles.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 6 days ago

blistn2 wrote: Hi Charlie,

For my installation, I used 2 2x4 cut off blocks. I rocked the speaker back and slid in a 2x4 side ways. Then I rocked the speaker forward and slid in a 2x4 on edge. I rocked it back again and turned the other one on edge. This gave me enough room to install the feet from the bottom. I did enlist the help of my better half to make sure the speakers didn't go too far. I reversed the process to set the speakers on the new feet with out much strain put on them or me. I did put down some tape to get the same spot. Also, you have to be careful so the grills don't pop lose when you're pushing on them.

Hope this helps,
Matt

Clever, Matt!

If I’d thought of that, I could have changed mine over without help also.

Good thinking!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• blistn2's Avatar Offline
  • TRs Front LFE1, SC XXL Center, T1s S Sur. LFE2
    • Thank you received: 12
blistn2 Posted 4 years 6 days ago
SVS included a warning not to place an excessive lateral load on the feet because of potential damage to the feet or the cabinet. Otherwise, I would have just tipped the speakers over on the rug, installed the feet and then tipped them back up right. If I would've tried to pick up the speakers and then set them back down after installation, without pivoting them on two of the feet, my back definitely would have reminded me that this was a bad idea. Of course, how much is excessive? Since I thought I might want to return the feet, I had to come up with plan B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, charliehatch

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 4 years 6 days ago
Unfortunately, excessive is when they break. Good after the fact knowledge.

Went to Home Depot and picked up some pre-cut 2x4s. I'm good to go!

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 4 years 6 days ago
Geez! I thought I was all set to go when I purchased my Herbie's Audio Lab cone/spike Decoupling Gliders back in January of 2019, now we throw in the Gaia 2 Footers into the equation. Now the 3 million dollar question...are the Gaia 2 Footers a sonic improvement over the Herbies Decoupling Gliders. I've researched on the internet but seems no one has heard both.

Gaia 2 for Christmas? :)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, charliehatch

• BSavage's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 7
BSavage Posted 4 years 4 days ago
I am a fan of the Herbie's tube dampers and decided to compare the Herbie's Giant Threaded Stud Glider to the Isoacoustics Gaia II with the Isoacoustics Gaia II Carpet Spikes on my Triton Reference speakers. I found the Gaia II to have better dynamics and much better extension in the bass and high frequencies. The soundstage was wider, deeper and images had more of a 3 dimensional presence with the Gaia II. I returned the Herbie's Giant Threaded Stud Gliders.

My listening room is on the second floor with carpet over padding on the plywood flooring. I found it very difficult to move the speakers on the carpet with the Gaia II feet in place, so I placed furniture moving sliders from Home Depot (www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Furniture-S...k-83036N12/203566381) under the Gaia II feet and the speakers slide effortlessly on the carpet for precise positioning.

When I first placed the furniture sliders under the Gaia II feet, I listened to the system without moving the speakers to gauge how much the sliders would degrade the sound without the Carpet Spikes. Much to my surprise, I actually liked the sound even more with the sliders in place of the Carpet Spikes with the speakers in the exact same position. The sliders remain under the Gaia II feet and I used the Carpet Spikes to support springs under my amplifier platforms.

One thing to be aware of, the threaded stud on the Gaia II is slightly too long for the threaded insert in the base of the Triton Reference and if it is screwed in too far, it can start to press into the top surface of the base and potentiall crack it. To prevent this, I replaced the knurled threaded disk used to lock the Gaia II to the bottom surface of the speaker with a 1/4-20 stainless steel nut and stainless steel washer. The nut with the washer is thicker than the knurled disk and prevents the threaded shaft from going in too far and damaging the top of the Triton Reference base. The nut also allows you to use a wrench to get it more snug (I would be careful not to over tighten it) to the speaker base.

Too accommodate for the slightly increased height using the Gaia II's, I unscrewed the rear feet one turn compared to the front feet to tilt the speaker forward slightly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, charliehatch

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton 1 R footing and fuse questions.