file Triton 1 R footing and fuse questions.

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 4 years 1 week ago
Right now, I'm about even with the tweeters, so I'll look at tilting them.

I do plan to remeasure after they're in. I'll try to post the before and after.

Thanks again,

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 1 week ago
After you install the GAIA's, the easiest way to get them back into position is to lift them vertical and place them on a towel to slide them to where you want them ((tip I got from calling Isoacoustics, recommending not trying to tip them up, too much lateral stress on the GAiA's... sliding or tilting when upright OK though).

I also marked exactly where I wanted them with painter's tape to be sure the speakers were back where they had been.
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: charliehatch

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
charliehatch Posted 4 years 1 week ago
I'm a little unclear on the concept here. (I have to admit I hadn't thought about the tactics, but now I am.)

I figured I could remove the spikes, maybe replace them with the rubber feet on one side (say left side of speaker). I can do that without laying the speaker completely over on its side. Then tilt the speaker to the left onto the rubber feet and screw in the Gaias on the right side, then lift and tilt the speaker up on the right side Gaias and screw in the left side Gaias. Beats me how I'm going to do this by myself, so maybe I'll have to get some help. So I'm thinking of tilting from vertical, and not laying the speaker completely down to make the change.

If I can't tilt the Gaias at all, then it's lifting a 100 lb speaker straight up into the stratosphere (with a skyhook I guess) and screwing in the Gaias. That would require magic I don't possess.

Are you saying they don't want the speaker tilted over on the Gaias at all? I'm not talking about laying the speaker completely on its side, just leaning to the side from vertical. I've done this before swapping the rubber feet with the spikes.
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 1 week ago
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hey Charlie

Sure don't want to make it difficult for you. Yes, I had help and laid the speakers on the side to install all four feet on each at the same time. But I'd venture that tilting them some to do one side at a time would work fine also. What Isoacoustics didn't recommend was trying to tilt them back up from a completely prone position. If in doubt, might be be worth giving them a call, or calling a friend to help.

They ARE sturdy and well built.

AND I think you'll like the results. :)

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: charliehatch

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
charliehatch Posted 4 years 6 days ago
Good. Now we're on the same page. Looks like my idea will work OK.

I'll let you know what I hear.

Charlie

• blistn2's Avatar Offline
  • TRs Front LFE1, SC XXL Center, T1s S Sur. LFE2
    • Thank you received: 12
blistn2 Posted 4 years 6 days ago
Hi Charlie,

For my installation, I used 2 2x4 cut off blocks. I rocked the speaker back and slid in a 2x4 side ways. Then I rocked the speaker forward and slid in a 2x4 on edge. I rocked it back again and turned the other one on edge. This gave me enough room to install the feet from the bottom. I did enlist the help of my better half to make sure the speakers didn't go too far. I reversed the process to set the speakers on the new feet with out much strain put on them or me. I did put down some tape to get the same spot. Also, you have to be careful so the grills don't pop lose when you're pushing on them.

Hope this helps,
Matt
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, charliehatch

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton 1 R footing and fuse questions.