file Triton Seven

• stevemumford's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
stevemumford Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Well....I do have spare rooms in the house......but only if you like to mow. I have about seven acres I mow with a good-sized garden tractor.....you like to mow, the place is all yours. Bring you music and your wife......
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• scottyfree111's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 2
scottyfree111 Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Curious as to the deep bass. Are you planning to add a sub? I am also considering the 7's with one or two subs for HT.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Hi Scottyfree111,
I certainly cannot answer for Stevemumford, or anyone other than myself. But I think the answer to that question completely depends on how much bass you want/need.
I would think the answer to that has to be a BIG YES, the T7s need one or two subs with them. IF someone admits that, it is not saying the T7s lack anything, or are inferior in any way.
I say that because I run the Forcefield 5 with a pair of Triton 2s. Something wrong with the bass on the T2s? Heck no! But you need a sub or two for home theater.
Anyone who says otherwise better not come over and watch movies at my house.
IHMO you are onto a great idea, go with the Triton 7s and two subs!!!!
And Enjoy!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• stevemumford's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
stevemumford Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Well, for music you probably won't need subs.....but that is a personal preference. I have been impressed as hell with the speakers as they are. They go deep, deeper than you would think possible with two 5.25" mid-woofers. The design is, for all practical purposes, a transmission line....so the mid-woofers are coupled to the two 8" passive radiators via the sealed cabinet. It works very very well..... and I have been very impressed.

As for HT, you may want subs if you want to shake the walls.....again, that depends on your expectations. However, if you are considering purchasing these speakers AND subs, you may want to think about moving up to the Triton Three's......with the built-in amp and larger mid-woofers, it's almost like having subs. And the price would be roughly the same as purchasing the Sevens and a sub or two (depending the sub you choose).

I have never really heard a speaker/sub combination that I was really crazy about. I am usually able to hear the discontinuity between the sub and the speakers.....at least in this price range. Moving up into the I-can't-afford-it price range fixes that of course, but it is self-defeating for your wallet.

I would try it first with out the subs, and then add them in later if you feel they are needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
Timecop Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Timecop. Reason: incorrectly stated larger tritons are ported info_outline
In my personal listening space I just don't have the backside wall clearance for the larger tritons. Since the triton sevens are effectively a sealed unit, they aren't fussy about being placed with their backs near a wall like the threes/twos/ones would be. That gives you a little more freedom in constricted spaces (though you have to watch the sides a touch).

I demo'd a pair of triton sevens recently, and in agreement with other reviewers, was simply amazed at the amount of clean, articulate bass they produced. For 2 channel stereo listening, I'd also forego a subwoofer unless EDM/Rap are a mainstay in your library. Stereo listening was a joy with the speakers spread about 9.5' apart.

For home theater duty (in my space - the sevens were spread about 13.5' apart), it's not quite as simple - since many movies feel more immersive with some sub-bass presence. I set the sevens up and went through a number of movies, including the "The House of Flying Daggers - Echo Game" scene. I specifically turned off my subs, and was blown away by the immersive and full sound... amazing! I turned back on my subs, but crossed them over very low - only to supplement the lowest of the lows that the sevens can't reach. Localization wasn't an issue since the sub(s) were crossed over very low, and it was an instantly immersive experience.

My vote would be:
- 2 channel stereo, Triton Sevens w/o sub
- Home Theater small room, Triton Sevens w/o sub
- Home Theater medium or larger room, Triton Sevens with sub
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Hey Timecop,
Are you sure you are not a bass cop? ha ha
We all have our own likes and dislikes and I respect yours.
I like bass.
I need bass.
But I have not heard the Triton 7s, yet, so I cannot say. You have me there.
I think you are mistaken about the larger Tritons being rear ported, I have 2s and 3s and did not see/hear any hole back there on mine.
But I am not home so I can't look right now.
For me, it would surely be Triton 7s with a sub, two subs, or Triton 3s with one or two subs, but Triton 2s, I only need one sub with them. Now, if someone would let me hear me some Triton 1s, I MIGHT not need a sub with them.
Enjoy it your way,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back