file Triton Seven

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
wweiss,
The short answer is NO, the Triton 2s are MORE speaker in every way. Obviously more bass. But you asked at moderate levels, so let me play some more music and get back to you, those are good questions.

BTW, did you guys see who FINALLY got quoted in the FB??????

Thanks Moderator Dude, you probably did that, VERY kind of you!!!!!

God Bless guys and girls,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Hi wweiss and anyone else interested,
Comparing the Triton 2s to the Triton 7s. WOW, this is WAY more tough than I ever thought it would be.
Once again the T7s are surprising me. Big tiime!!!!!
BUT they are not T2s.
Probably (of course I have not heard them, but must mention them here) the Triton Ones are the Daddy Bear.
The T2s are the Momma Bear. The Aons are the Baby Bears. I am not sure where to put the T3s and the T7s.
I am thinking the T7s are like an overachieving nephew.
I did as asked and played some orchestral music at reasonable levels with the T7s. My wife was here so I kept it on the medium low most of the time. Still within the WAF ha ha.
Therefore I heard NO compression, NO confusion, NO areas where they were not able to articulate each individual instrument.
IF any thing was a limiting factor, the small tube integrated should have been the problem. I could not hear that it was.
Just for grins I put on Fritz Reiner and the CSO playing Strauss' Also Sprach Zarathustra. The T2s play the low pedal note into with authority. The T7s cannot of course. But that does not mean they were silent, oh no, they played the note!!!! I was amazed.
No authority here, no grunt, but they played it and gave the sense of the music. I never dreamed that they would even acknowledge that low note. The rest of the music was portrayed brilliantly. PLEASE DO NOT PLAY THIS IN YOUR CAR, YOU WILL GET A SPEEDING TICKET, I KNOW FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
Further along, the trumpets come in with show off style and then let the lower brass/strings answer. With the T2s this is awesome, with the T7s the trumpets are awesome but the lower brass/strings just adequate.
On Chesky records recording of the Royal Phil. Orch. Beethoven Lenore, Sym 2 & 5 so everyone can reference, I took the 5th.
I turned it up some, risked yak yak from my wife, but BOTH the T2s and T7s BEG to be turned up!!!! But keeping out of trouble, just, borderline loud, the T7s just played so well, again Amazing. But once again, they are no T2s. Where the T2s have the power and the glory, the T7s have some of the power and all the glory.
(Remember I have 200+ wpc into the T2s and 240 Volts, only 45 wpc into the T7s).
This is not really a fair comparison, but you asked for it.
Also the T2s play in my home theater, a MUCH smaller space. Where the T7s are trying to fill a BIG space. I give them a BIG WELL DONE!!!!!
I hope this helps,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem

• wweiss's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 130
wweiss Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Thanks Wayne for getting back. Looks like I won't be trading in my Triton 2's for 7's!

Actually what I am comparing is my current den system-med size room-music only-I have a pair of Aon 3's with a 12" sub. Very close to Triton 2 performance at med volume in my opinion. Very pleased with set up,but that nagging question: How would a pair of 7's with that sub perform? Extra $ not a factor.

Well you have the Forcefield 5 so drag that puppy next to the 7's and give me your 2 cents. Keep what I got or buy some more toys?
So much music-so little time!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Musichead's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 7
Musichead Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Hi Wayne,

I have an idea. Take the 7s in to the same room where the 2s are located, and use the same amp and room for an A/B
comparison. That would be a fair comparison.......

All the Best!
John

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
Timecop Posted 10 years 2 months ago
I've got some triton sevens paired with (take your pick: Velodyne minivee 8" sealed sub, & Velodyne optimum 10" sealed sub). They are driven by a Marantz sr6005 a/v receiver - advertising 110wpc. This room doubles as a small home theater, thus the A/V receiver.

While I can't compare the sevens vs. twos (yet!), I can tell you that the sevens + sub perform very well together. With movies, I run both subs (opposing corner-loaded), but with music - I turn off the larger of the two. Since the sevens play low enough, sub crossover/placement is quite easy. I find that jazz, orchestra, and percussion are particularly grin-worthy from the sevens.
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Wayne, do your T7s pass the "cricket" test?

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back