file SuperSub XXL

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Good evening, Folks. I am most certainly a bass head as well but I am really liking the balanced crossover technology shared by the T1, T5s, and SCXXL. I feel like the T5s would make a great surround speaker with the T1 and SCXXL. The level of clarity and detail are very tempting. I admit that I am still considering the T2s and even the Aon 3s to round out my surrounds. In short, I'm all over the board. Thankfully, the SCXXL will be the next speaker purchase and that will buy me some more time to figure out my 2 remaining surrounds.

The SSXXL promises to be a bass heads dream. I look forward to hearing how it stacks up against a crowded subwoofer market. At $2k, it's going to have to be HOT!! Initial press reviews were very promising so I have faith it will be amazing. In the meantime, I will probably install my Paradigm sub behind my PLP to see how I like the sound.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, aribraun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 10 months ago

T Cobe wrote: Good evening, Folks. I am most certainly a bass head as well but I am really liking the balanced crossover technology shared by the T1, T5s, and SCXXL. I feel like the T5s would make a great surround speaker with the T1 and SCXXL. The level of clarity and detail are very tempting. I admit that I am still considering the T2s and even the Aon 3s to round out my surrounds. In short, I'm all over the board. Thankfully, the SCXXL will be the next speaker purchase and that will buy me some more time to figure out my 2 remaining surrounds.

The SSXXL promises to be a bass heads dream. I look forward to hearing how it stacks up against a crowded subwoofer market. At $2k, it's going to have to be HOT!! Initial press reviews were very promising so I have faith it will be amazing. In the meantime, I will probably install my Paradigm sub behind my PLP to see how I like the sound.

Cheers,

T Cobe

It's pretty hard to go wrong with all the great GEt speaker choices available! T1's, T5's and SCXXL, and maybe a SSXXL, sounds like a winner also! I've not heard the T5's or SSXXL, but they sure get rave reviews. The SCXXL is my next speaker purchase also.

Whatever you choose, Happy Listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, aribraun

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Rick,

Thanks for the advice on the surrounds. It definitely is hard to go wrong and that's what makes the decision so difficult. Pros and cons each way. :unsure:

I look forward to hearing your feedback on the SCXXL. Happy listening!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, aribraun

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hi T. Cobe,

I moved my Paradigm sub to the center rear of my room when I added my Triton Ones. In my room, the T1s give me adequate bass for music, so I tend to use the Paradigm only when watching movies. I also mounted my Paradigm on a dolly to get it off the hard tiled-concrete-slab floor in my AV room.

For music, I prefer the tight, integrated bass from the T1s.

But, as I suspect you already know - part of the fun is playing with the toys.

Best,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe, aribraun

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks, Art. As we've discussed previously, I have my sub/LFE turned off for music so the Paradigm will only play during theater play, not in two channel. I tried integrating my T1 LFE into stereo play but it's just too much bass for music or not enough bass for theater. My current set up has minimal compromise.

I think I need to pressurize the room a little more with LFE for theater playback but volume is not the issue. I'm hoping more subs at a lower setting provide better dispersion. 360 degrees of LFE sounds like a lot of fun. What settings are you using on your Paradigm for integration? I had a lot of issues before getting it tuned in. I think a lot of that was room acoustics. I think I have that solved now.

Cheers,

T Cobe
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hi T. Cobe,

I haven't had a lot of luck integrating my Paradigm Sub into my music setup. Currently, it is in the rear center of the room, elevated off the floor via a small dolly. Because I drive it with a separate AV Receiver, I have the option of using or not using the sub for music or movies - right now I am not using it during music playback. The analog bass I'm sending to my Triton Ones via their LFE inputs provide more than enough music bass for me (Triton Ones' LFE level controls set to one dot above minimum).

Once I began listening to music via the Triton Ones, driven in the Pure Direct Mode and with analog bass via the LFE inputs, I quickly became enamored with the tight. integrated bass and sort of lost interest in whatever the Paradigm could contribute.

Best,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, aribraun

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSub Series SuperSub XXL