file SuperSub XXL

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 10 months ago
You and I are in the same boat... My T1s are great but I'd like some bass behind my primary listening position. The SCXL is a great match for the T7s; however, versus the T1s, it falls a bit short and that's certainly not a put down. The T1s are pretty special!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 10 months ago

rickavmaniac wrote:

T Cobe wrote: rickavmaniac,

A theater wouldn't be a theater without a good subwoofer but the center channel is the foundation. I say get the SCXXL now and the SSXXL in Sep/Oct but that's just my opinion. :laugh:

Cheers,

T Cobe

For the Sub XXL, I already have the Triton 1, so my bass are perfect for music but for home theater I will like to have a bit more kick ;)

As for the center my XL is very good but again I would like to raise the bar a bit more. :silly:

rickavmaniac,

Are you using the LFE inputs for your T1s? I have the gain knob at13:00 and use LFE for home theater and no sub for music. I find it's a great combination. A little more bass for theater and perfectly balanced music. My receiver is set to -8.0 on the sub channels and my test signal is still about 5 dB high. I like a lot of bass for home theater. :evil:

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• rickavmaniac's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 13
rickavmaniac Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by rickavmaniac. info_outline

T Cobe wrote:
Are you using the LFE inputs for your T1s? I have the gain knob at13:00 and use LFE for home theater and no sub for music. I find it's a great combination. A little more bass for theater and perfectly balanced music. My receiver is set to -8.0 on the sub channels and my test signal is still about 5 dB high. I like a lot of bass for home theater. :evil:

Cheers,

T Cobe

I config my Triton 1 the exact same way as you. LFE input. My knob is at 12:00 (best level for music in my room) and I set my sub channel to +6db for movie playback.

I also have a XPA-5 that I really like :cheer:

I used to have a Marantz receiver but i recently upgrade to the Emotiva XMC-1. :woohoo:

If you think you Triton 1 sound good, someday if you have the chance to invest in a separate like the Emotiva, it's a big leap foward in sound quality. Better than I was expecting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 10 months ago

T Cobe wrote: You and I are in the same boat... My T1s are great but I'd like some bass behind my primary listening position. The SCXL is a great match for the T7s; however, versus the T1s, it falls a bit short and that's certainly not a put down. The T1s are pretty special!

Cheers,

T Cobe

Hi, all

T Cobe, I remember at some point you had mentioned possibly getting T2's for the surrounds. I find that the combination of T1 fronts/T2 surrounds, all LFE connected and set as LARGE, gives an awesome amount of bass and perfectly balanced and distributed. I would match it in volume and quality against any bass levels I have heard in movie theaters... maybe another option to adding a rear sub????

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hey Rick,
That is a great idea. I have a down sized version of that with T 2s in front and T3s as surrounds. I still need a sub with that setup though. But I am a bass head I guess. I kinda think T might be too.
But yours is definitely a plan for success!!!!
Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 10 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Hey Rick,
That is a great idea. I have a down sized version of that with T 2s in front and T3s as surrounds. I still need a sub with that setup though. But I am a bass head I guess. I kinda think T might be too.
But yours is definitely a plan for success!!!!
Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne

Hi, Wayne

Count me among the bass heads also. When I had the T2 based cinema system, I was thinking of adding a FF5 sub (there was no Supersub then), but when I added the T1's and moved the T2's to surrounds, my bass needs were instantly satisfied. I have bass in spades, and more in reserve. I never have the sub gain higher than -3db, and have really explosive bass in movie/LFE mode, and beautiful rich bass in music mode. I simply feel no need for adding a separate sub now.

Just another way to skin the bass cat, I guess. There's just something really neat about spreading the bass load over 4 position/towers, especially with the T1's prodigious contribution.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSub Series SuperSub XXL