• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Po,

Time will certainly tell if the XXL is worth the upgrade. I suspect that the added drivers and the balanced crossover technology from the T1s and T5s will make this a significant step up. Regarding driver size, I would like to have seen the 6" drivers as well but the 5.25" drivers sound phenomenal with the balanced crossovers in the T1s. It's hard to argue with that success. Plus they're doubling the number of drivers...
I agree that the XL is a great speaker but I suspect the difference between the XL and the XXL will be more significant than the difference between the X and the XL. Of course, everyone will have to judge for themselves if the return on investment is worth it. My basement theater opens too adjoining space so I have close to 1,500 sq feet to fill with sound (cavernous wonderland is close...).

On another note, have you picked out your surround speakers yet? How are you getting on with your T1s?

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fopmc's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 154
fopmc Posted 9 years 3 months ago
T Cobe, indeed you have the space that almost makes the SCXXL a requirement! :evil:

I haven't been able to pick out my surround speakers mostly for two reasons:
1) My front three channels dominate so much, I am hearing too little in comparison. I have in ceilings as surrounds and front heights that I am using to determine the need!

2) To be specific, I would be using rears toed in a little bit from behind and off to the side. Again I am trying to determine how much sound is present. So far....despite of best blockbusters, I don't think I NEED above the Aons. Would like to go at least Triton 7s. Although I think Room acoustic managment might seem more useful at this time, since my room is longer than it is wide, alittle more than double, so my HT is the front half really!

I still need more listening time. :)
How about you, anything new to report?

Thanks
Po
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Po,

Not much new to report here. I may type up a recent trip to a new theater and my impressions versus my home theater. Other than that, I've been amp shopping and thought that was my next progression until I saw the Facebook posting for the SuperCenterXXL! I think this development has changed my plans. Time to start saving for a new center channel. Hopefully I'll be able to sell my SCXL to recoup some of my money. If not, I'm sure I can find a place for it somewhere else in my home. :lol:

Cheers,

T Cobe
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

T Cobe wrote: Po,

Time will certainly tell if the XXL is worth the upgrade. I suspect that the added drivers and the balanced crossover technology from the T1s and T5s will make this a significant step up. Regarding driver size, I would like to have seen the 6" drivers as well but the 5.25" drivers sound phenomenal with the balanced crossovers in the T1s. It's hard to argue with that success. Plus they're doubling the number of drivers...
I agree that the XL is a great speaker but I suspect the difference between the XL and the XXL will be more significant than the difference between the X and the XL. Of course, everyone will have to judge for themselves if the return on investment is worth it. My basement theater opens too adjoining space so I have close to 1,500 sq feet to fill with sound (cavernous wonderland is close...).

On another note, have you picked out your surround speakers yet? How are you getting on with your T1s?

Cheers,

T Cobe

Oh, my

Another upgrade to consider. I've replaced the Supersat 50c with the SCXL, and now an XXL is coming. I love the T1/SCXL/T2 combination, but the T1's are the champs for clarity, definition, pure power. I guess I'll end up auditioning the XXL to see if it can match the T1's in clarity and detail. There are just some music selections where I prefer just the T1's because of their unreal detail. Maybe the XXL would change that???

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Rick,

I think the balanced crossover design in the T1 and T5 are very audible and add a lot of transparency. That alone would probably make a huge difference but they are also doubling the number of mid/bass drivers. So far, GET has been extremely fair with their pricing. I expect a $450 price jump will be clearly audible as it has been in their other models.

I'm wondering if I should upgrade my amplification first. I had planned on using Emotiva XPA-1Ls on all three of my front speakers and an XPA-5 or XPA-7 for the rest of my system. Po beat me to it and sounds like he's had success in integrating it all. At this point I feel that may make more of an impact. I'm sure a monoblock amp on the SuperCenterXL will improve the performance. Aren't you using Emotiva amps as well? Suggestions?

Cheers,

T Cobe

• Winefix's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 70
Winefix Posted 9 years 3 months ago
We need a trade up program from GE !!!

I am going broke, I will listen to the new center when they arrive and see if I should replace my XL that I have set up with the Triton ones.

I was hoping for an even bigger center than 35" and 5 1/4" high, as I have a 178" screen, maybe buy two and place them side by side !!!
Good times, good wine, and great music !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCenter Series Super Center XXL is near