file Super Center XXL is near

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 9 years 3 months ago

Marker5 wrote: I'm still breaking them in, and judging by my experience with the 7s and the (Triton 1s) I'm currently running its gonna take some time for it to catch up so to speak. I can tell from my limited time with it that it has incredible clarity and dynamics and is a much closer match sonically to my Tritons 1s than the SC X was.

Thanks, Marker5, for keeping us current! I'm drooling, thinking about what a SCXXL would sound like in my system. . If you say that it is a closer match to the T1's, that is high praise. I can't wait to hear one myself.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Marker5: when you have the time, I would like to see a picture of the back of the SCXXL. Also, what would be an appropriate stand for the SCXXL? Is dialogue, both male and female, spot on?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 months ago

anthem wrote: Marker5: when you have the time, I would like to see a picture of the back of the SCXXL. Also, what would be an appropriate stand for the SCXXL? Is dialogue, both male and female, spot on?

Uh oh, someone is catching upgrade fever... Still looking for the center channel with perfect vocals, Anthem? Did you ever listen to the SCXL? I've found all the vocals spot on as with all other GET speakers. Their midrange drivers are amazing. The vocals on the SCXL sounded even better than the Aon3s and I think you enjoyed them a great deal. I'm sure the SCXXL will be even better.

Cheers,

Toby
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 3 months ago
T Cobe: upgrade fever? It's more of an itch. I'm still looking for the "Perfect Center Channel Speaker"...is the SC XXL that speaker? My closest dealer is 400 miles away, 800 miles round trip, to far. I'll have to rely on professional reviews and of course the reviews that really matter, the GE Forum Members.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Heatmiser44's Avatar Offline
  • Rogue+Goldenear=Amazing
    • Thank you received: 30
Heatmiser44 Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Hey Cobe, I ordered the XXL already, without listening to it. Im that certain its gonna be excellent.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Anthem,

While I still think a horizontal Version of the T2 with 2 active woofers, 2 midrange drivers flanking an HVFR tweeter, a few passive planar radiators on top, and the balanced crossovers of the T1 or T5 would be better, I have no doubt that the SCXXL will be GET's best center channel yet! Honestly, I would be surprised if you did not find the SCXL completely satisfying in terms of vocals. My only quibble is that it was not as transparent and dynamic as the T1s but the Asking any center to keep up with these active towers is a tall order.

Right now I'm debating between the SCXXL and a new XPA-7 or XPA-5. The amps are on sale so I am leaning that direction right now. Of course, if we keep getting great reviews by forum members and industry professionals, that may change. I hate to pass up a sale, though...

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCenter Series Super Center XXL is near