exclamation-circle Triton 2 screaming when subwoofer is plugged

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 4 years 5 months ago
Something to try, if you haven't already, is to unplug the power cords from your speakers and let them sit for 20 - 30 minutes with no power going to them. Then plug them back in and wait for the amps to go through their power-up sequence. Did this stop the noise?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Weerapat's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 17
Weerapat Posted 4 years 5 months ago

Moderator wrote: Something to try, if you haven't already, is to unplug the power cords from your speakers and let them sit for 20 - 30 minutes with no power going to them. Then plug them back in and wait for the amps to go through their power-up sequence. Did this stop the noise?

Hi Moderator,
I have tried. It didn't stop.
Anyway, I contacted the former distributor (SIS Distribution Thailand) and I managed to get a commitment to fix these speakers from them but I will have to take these huge and heavy speakers to their service center by myself :( (better than nothing though)

• Morgza's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
Morgza Posted 3 years 2 weeks ago
From watching the video and knowing that both internal amplifiers had troubles, I immediately thought it would be issues with your power supply. Very very nice of them to repair them for you a second time. I hope you have invested in a power conditioner now, otherwise you will keep damaging the speakers. I wouldn't risk the mains power in Thailand with such expensive equipment without a power conditioner. Many people buy them when they don't need them, but you certainly do. Best of luck. Fantastic speakers and service.

• Weerapat's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 17
Weerapat Posted 3 years 1 week ago

From watching the video and knowing that both internal amplifiers had troubles, I immediately thought it would be issues with your power supply. Very very nice of them to repair them for you a second time. I hope you have invested in a power conditioner now, otherwise you will keep damaging the speakers. I wouldn't risk the mains power in Thailand with such expensive equipment without a power conditioner. Many people buy them when they don't need them, but you certainly do. Best of luck. Fantastic speakers and service.
Hi, it really was from the built-in amplifiers. The distributor was really kind and responded to the problem seriously too.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton 2 screaming when subwoofer is plugged