file Any experience with Naim SuperUniti?

• Pitkow33's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 39
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Pitkow33 Posted 11 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Pitkow33. info_outline
I"m thinking of hooking my Triton Twos to a NaimSuperUniti to stream music wirelessly.

Currently I stream using Airtunes to a Airport Express - toslink to Cambridge DAC Magic, to a Yamaha receiver, and want to upgrade. I have apple lossless and flac files along with the normal iTunes 256Kbps stuff.

The SuperUniti looks nice as an all in one solution to drive the Tritons...but I don't have a local dealer that carries both equipment to test it for real.

Anyone using a SuperUniti out there?
Mac Mini Server (2012 version) w/ Roon Server -> Naim Nova -> NAC A5 Speaker Cable -> Goldenear Triton 2s
Airtunes -> Naim Nova for convenience, Tidal, Spotify via Roon or Naim App
UpTone Audio LPS 2 Power Supply, PS Audio Dectet
GAIA II feet for Triton 2s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robznl's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 2
robznl Posted 11 years 1 month ago
We have a NaimUniti all in one, and we just bought the Triton Two towers. We could test the speakers at our audio dealer, and compared to AudioPhysic, B&W and the Triton Three they were the best choice within our budget. The sound is awesome! We have them now for 4 days and they are still breaking in. The SuperUniti has more power, but I think the match would be great!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pitkow33

Pitkow33 Posted 11 years 1 month ago
hi, thank you very much for the response.

I did end up getting the SuperUniti and its sounds great. Am now streaming from a MacMini using iTunes with Audirvana Plus in direct mode through a Audiophilleo 1 with Pure Power to the BNC s/pdif connector into the superuniti, it sounds great. As all of the components have broken in they are really getting nice, warm, but very open sound stage.

I have bought some high resolution downloads from HD tracks and also use a Project turntable with great results.

How do you have the Unit set up and how are you streaming to it or do you prefer CD or etc?
Mac Mini Server (2012 version) w/ Roon Server -> Naim Nova -> NAC A5 Speaker Cable -> Goldenear Triton 2s

• robznl's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 2
robznl Posted 11 years 1 month ago
We stream from a Synology NAS with (hi res) flac files. The Synology has built in software for audio streaming. We manage our music library with JRiver. A great program, also for tagging and getting album covers. We also use other sources: CD, internet radio (Radio Paradise from Naim), FM radio and sometimes our vintage Scott PS17 turntable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pitkow33

Pitkow33 Posted 11 years 3 weeks ago
very cool, am just starting to play around with vinyl, a few sessions brining my wife and I back to high school days and its sounds so good!

We have a pro-ject debut turntable, very basic, but sounds great through the superuniti.

I'm going to try Mapleshade speaker stands with the tritons - had an informative conversation with Pierre there and he told me the best possible upgrade will be the speaker stands, 4" maple, to drain unwanted vibration from the speaker cabinets. I have tile floor and right now the tritons on rubber feet. He says 50% improvement by putting on stands, so I'll post the results in a few weeks when we get them.

He also says the plastic bottoms are terrible and suggests I remove them and use brass heavy spikes, that might be a project down the road. Am also considering the speaker cables next.

B)

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 3 weeks ago
Pitkow33,
I will be VERY interested in your results.
But I am a little bit confused, so a question, please, if you don't mind.
Aren't the spikes and the stands both trying to solve the same problem?
Have you tried the spikes that GE sent with the Tritons? I would think they would be the first thing to try,
and would give good results, IMHO.
Are they (Mapleshade) saying that their stands can give 50% improvement over the spikes too, or just the rubber feet? (are the rubber feet and plastic bottoms different things? sorry)
Or am I totally mis-reading your post, not understanding?
Thanks for any and all info,
And as always, enjoy the tunes,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Any experience with Naim SuperUniti?