file Any experience with Naim SuperUniti?

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago
What's the base on the Tritons made of (black shiny part & what type of wood)??
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago
It's made of solid MDF with a high gloss black painted premium finish. Also, the speaker should never be used without the base as it would be a tip over hazard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pitkow33, anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Triton 2 with Mapleshade Threaded Thick Carpet Heavy foot (brass footers)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pitkow33

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago
Hey Anthem, Bro
Are you still using these brass feet on your Triton 2s??? Did you determine whether or not they help? I can't remember where we left that discussion, but I was thinking that you are not using them now.
Please give us any updates on your personal journey to sonic nirvana???
I think we can all gain from it.
Thanks, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Wayne:

I sent the Mapleshade footers back in exchange for the Clear view Double Helix Plus Version speaker cables. The footers messed up the soundstage by raising the speakers to high. I was just showing what the Tritons looked like with Maple shade footers. Still working on thoughts about the Clear view speaker cables. I still own a pair of their Clearview Double Helix (not the plus version) speaker cable. Is there a difference? yes, though subtle.

This all comes about from a comment made by pitkow33. He said Pierre from Mapleshade says "the plastic bottoms are terrible and suggests I remove them and use brass heavy spikes". Hogwash...a salesman at work. Do these tweaks work? some do, most don't. Snake oil? maybe. I will say with 100 percent certainty "your wallet will be much lighter".

We all are after the "best sound " our systems can deliver. The waste of time and money goes on forever in the "pursuit of sonic nirvana. Doesn't that put a smile on your face?

As Moderator said "the base is made of solid MDF with a high gloss black painted premium finish. Also, the speaker should never be used without the base as it would be a tip over hazard ".

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago
Thanks Anthem, that is what I thought.
I do not want to hurt anybody's feelings, nor say something bad about another company.
But my best guess is that if the Triton speakers could have been made better by a different base, or different spikes, etc. then they would have made them that way. I REALLY believe that Sandy and his team know what they are doing.

YES, I know that every speaker and product is made to a price point. And for added expense, things could be improved.
BUT when we are talking about small, inexpensive things a manufacturer could have done easily, cheaply, IF it would have helped their design, then I have to assume they would have done so.

All the above is just my humble opinion, my set of assumptions. But if someone wants to try something different, I say, go for it. And please report back. I am open to learning from anyone.
I have read on another forum over and over, ad nauseam, that all cables sound the same. They say, better cables are snake oil. Well, I have heard real, immediate, clear differences in sound when cables are changed. So much of an improvement that I bought me some decent MIT cables for my Tritons. No, I have not had a chance to even use them yet, so no report for awhile. Coming later.
I have learned over here in Asia, one man's snake oil, makes another man's stir fry.
Ha ha, Anthem, I threw that on in for you man!!!!!
Have fun guys,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Any experience with Naim SuperUniti?