file Any experience with Naim SuperUniti?

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 11 years 3 weeks ago
The footers (spikes) and maple speaker Plinths (stands) compliment each other. The Plinths come with footers. Install footers (spikes) on speakers...place speakers onto footed Plinths.

Possibly? a 50% improvement when complete setup is used compared to factory spikes ...brass seems to be the way to go.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 3 weeks ago
Yeah, I'm confused by the "plastic base" reference too.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 11 years 3 weeks ago
I think it's just Wayne's...that have the "plastic bottom. Everyone else has wood. ha-ha :laugh:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago
Hey Guys,
I am all for tweaking any area of improvement. I never find a tweak that will give 50% improvement, heck most of them are barely audible IF at all. But IF all tweaks add up to 5-10% improvement I would probably be happy (IF they are tweaks I can afford).
But I will tell you honestly, I am not sure about this one.
Therefore, I will be looking forward to your report Pitkow33. INTERESTED. And if you decide to work on your cables, I would love to hear about that too.

Anthem, my Brother,
Don't you be talkin about my bottom!!! I have a GoldenEar Triton 2 bottom: tight, beefy, rounded, full, and LOTS of it!!!!
Enjoy guys, it is all about the music and FUN,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Pitkow33's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 39
Pitkow33 Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago
I will certainly post all of my thoughts on any improvements (if any) that I hear in my system. It will take a few weeks for the platforms to come in.

In the meantime, I may spike the Tritons vs. rubber feet (I was nervous about scratching the tiles underneath). Maybe Pierre didn't say 50% I'll check my notes :)

Here is what i'm thinking right now in order to hear improvements, including some break in time between steps:

1. spike tritons with included spikes/ buy Mapleshade vinyl cleaning kit
2. add mapleshade 4" platforms (they have a money-back guarantee so its good to work with them). If these prove good, then I will follow some of Pierre's other recommendations
3. upgrade speaker cables
4. upgrade power cords and/or strip
5. put platforms under equipment
6. after burn ins, maybe think about removing plastic base on tritons and spiking with heavier brass feet
7. upgrade turntable and phono amp
8. upgrade interconnects

Those are my thoughts so far on the order subject to change....all of this obsession started with the Goldenears! They should get commissions from all these other equipment makers and hdtracks etc. for making me into a crazy audio nut!

For anyone who is truly interested, a conversation with Pierre @ Mapleshade is very enlightening on the 'why' behind all of his recommendations. I can't do him justice with my posts!
Mac Mini Server (2012 version) w/ Roon Server -> Naim Nova -> NAC A5 Speaker Cable -> Goldenear Triton 2s
Airtunes -> Naim Nova for convenience, Tidal, Spotify via Roon or Naim App
UpTone Audio LPS 2 Power Supply, PS Audio Dectet
GAIA II feet for Triton 2s

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago
I wouldn't pay too much attention to someone who thinks the base on the Tritons is plastic. Maybe not quite as informed as you think.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Any experience with Naim SuperUniti?