file Today's humor

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 7 years 3 months ago
After having read numerous posts about how solid state equipment needs a proper warm up period (recent example - advice to let the Schiit Yggy warm up for about 10 years to get to its optimal state and to leave it on 24/7 so as not to interfere with it being warmed up), I thought it prudent to warn people that the same holds true for their computers, be it PC's or laptops or tablets.

Those of you who use Excel, MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT USE THAT PROGRAM UNTIL YOUR COMPUTER HAS HAD TIME TO WARM UP, PREFERABLY 5 DAYS.

Otherwise you may experience errors in your spreadsheet calculations as the computer hasn't fully warmed up yet to be able to perform them accurately.

Writers, don't use Microsoft Word too quickly because you may come out with some strange words and sentences unless your computer has had time to warm up.

And now I think I know why so much stuff on the internet can't be trusted... it's because the HTML code isn't being translated properly by computers that haven't fully warmed up yet.

I'll leave you to judge just how long I've had my computer on. But I just wanted to leave a word to the wise.. it is best if you never turn off your computer. Or laptop. Or tablet. And who knows what a "cold" phone is doing to your conversations with people!!!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
No offense intended to any members Mom!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Blondes...gotta Love em!

Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bose and klipsch company owners finally met, klipsch owner cupped his hands on his mouth and asked "how are you", Bose owner turned his head towards the wall and said "I'm fine", lol...

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
My Tube Amplifier Hobby

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Congratulations, you've got one in the oven...

Attachments:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back