file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Watched "It Follows"
T. Cobe, you mentioned Rotten Tomatoes, they give this one 5 stars. For what????
PQ is fine, SQ was only adequate for the job.
NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Yeah, I watched this a while back based on reviews and it was terrible!!! that's 90 minutes we'll never get back...

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

WayneWilmeth wrote: Hey Guys, I have been away for a few days, in Cambodia, Phnom Penh, learning about human trafficking and all the groups working with and helping the victims. If you want to watch some interesting stuff about it, look here:

We want to start a ministry to exploited women and children here. We got some great ideas.
I got behind here but glad to see you guys carried on admirably.
Anthem, yours are still the only videos I cannot watch, I can watch everyone else's. When you are in the You Tube page, do you just copy the address line and then paste it here for us? That is what I do and it works.

Pol Pot REALLY did a number on Cambodia, as did the 30 year civil war afterwards. He killed off all the intelligentsia and artists. 85% of the population is illiterate and the country is WAY behind Thailand. I felt so sorry for the place.
Man is it great to be back home!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne

Bro Wayne,

It's great to have you back! We've missed you while you were away. I really commend you for your efforts! Human trafficking is a major problem and an atrocity! The world needs more people like you that are willing to stand up and do something about it. God bless and keep you and your family safe!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
007 / Spectre is out on Tuesday. Anyone interested? I am.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You bet, Anthem! My postal carrier should be delivering my copy on Tuesday. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to watch it until the weekend. I liked the movie a lot more than I thought I would based on early feedback about the movie not being as good as Skyfall. Hopefully the PQ and SQ live up to the recent franchise releases.

Cheers,

T Cobe
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Black Mass

Well, watching a little pre Super Bowl programming after work this afternoon. I started Black Mass last night but wasn't able to finish it. That should probably tell you something.

I've detested bullies my whole life and Johnny Depp plays one despicable bully in this film. A fine piece of acting on his part and really a strong cast throughout. Despite the performances, it was a bit difficult to stomach.

The PQ seemed age appropriate. It was grainy and looked old. I can only assume this was part of the directors intent. Despite the grainy appearance, there was a good amount of detail but the picture looked washed out and the colors looked faded. Again, I'm sure this was the directors intent. It resembled the picture quality of an old Starsky and Hutch episode. While it was probably intentional, I'm still going to rate the PQ a 3/5. This probably would have looked just as good on a 19 inch CRT.

Sound quality was respectable but this was a slow drama except for a few scenes. This was a dialogue intensive film and everything came through my new Anthem with clarity, body, and naturalness. This is definitely not a demo disk you play for friends when they come over simply due to the lack of action but the sound was solid and supported the story well. It was certainly sharper than the picture. I'll rate this a 3.5/5.

In all, this was a well done film. Its strength is certainly the performances of the cast. If the preview intrigues you, you will probably like the film. Don't expect a lot of action. This one may be better on demand versus buying a disk. I'm not sure I will watch this one again and the PQ and SQ would probably be no worse off if it were streamed.

Cheers,

T Cobe
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?