file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 11 years 1 week ago
Dave:

Jeff lorber - Galaxian can be found used at Amazon. com. They have 14 used starting at $2.90 + $3.99 shipping. I've ordered used cd's from them with no problems.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 1 week ago
Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble--Live at the El Mocambo 1983
This is a concert video, a bit old and not a great picture quality at all. The sound quality is not stellar either, not reference for sure.
BUT his performance is AWESOME!!!!!!
I love me some SRV!!!!
Just goes to show what I have always thought, the BEST recordings are of the worst music/performance. OR the BEST music/performances never seem to be a great recording.
C'est la vie.
BTW has anybody heard the song by Greg Lake (of ELP) by that name, "C'est la vie"? It is awesome, and a great recording too. Thus making my statement above not true at all in this case. ha ha
Hang in there sunshine.
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 1 week ago
One of the disadvantages (or not?) of living over here, away from all the radio and all the things you guys get to hear, is that we don't know much about the new stuff that comes out.
For instance, I just saw that this guy, Bruno Mars, is to sing/perform during the half time of the SuperBowl. Anybody heard of this cat? Does he have any good music?
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 11 years 1 week ago
Bruno Mars has some catchy stuff out. Sound a little like Michael Jackson. Has "cute" videos on MTV & VH1. His music is more for young girls. Probably not your cup of tea Gramdpa Wayne. ;)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Visitor
  • Visitor
dave@get Posted 11 years 1 week ago
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by dave@get. Reason: Update info_outline
Big time thanks, Anthem. Last time I checked Amazon there was a copy for $39! I guess I have too many items in my "save for later" section because it never rose to the top of price changes when I checked my cart. Ordering now...

Update (yeah, just checked Amazon in a new browser tab)... The $2.90 & up Galaxians are vinyl. I love vinyl but am looking for this on CD. I'll keep patiently waiting.

anthem wrote: Dave:

Jeff lorber - Galaxian can be found used at Amazon. com. They have 14 used starting at $2.90 + $3.99 shipping. I've ordered used cd's from them with no problems.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
dave@get Posted 11 years 1 week ago
Wayne,

I love the El Mocambo show, too! It's a great documentary of a band that's just about to break out in a big way. Man, I first bought that concert on LaserDisc!

Many years later, there's a similar musical document in 'A New Day Yesterday Live' by Joe Bonamassa. It's available on both CD & DVD and was his trio recorded in a bar in Fort Wayne, IN as he was touring to support his first solo record (called 'A New Day Yesterday'). Great show, Eric Czar is like the Bonamassa of bass and Kenny Kramme was the perfect drummer for those two. It's pretty much exactly as it was to see him live back then. I figured if you like SRV, then you like JB. IIRC, the DVD has been out of print for a while and may be a little costly, but is well worth it.

WayneWilmeth wrote: Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble--Live at the El Mocambo 1983
This is a concert video, a bit old and not a great picture quality at all. The sound quality is not stellar either, not reference for sure.
BUT his performance is AWESOME!!!!!!
I love me some SRV!!!!
Just goes to show what I have always thought, the BEST recordings are of the worst music/performance. OR the BEST music/performances never seem to be a great recording.
C'est la vie.
BTW has anybody heard the song by Greg Lake (of ELP) by that name, "C'est la vie"? It is awesome, and a great recording too. Thus making my statement above not true at all in this case. ha ha
Hang in there sunshine.
God Bless, Wayne

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back