file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago
So glad you're enjoying your system!! Nice to hear about your music selections. Keep-um coming. ;)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SanthoshEapen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago
Currently listening to: Neil Young: Live at Massey Hall, 1971.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago
HUMP DAY
Playing this morning :

Yellowjackets - Run for your life 1994/GRP Records

One of their better recordings. Nice sound from Bob Mintzer & Crew. Robben Ford does guest guitar.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SanthoshEapen

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago
Thanks all for the recommendations.

SanthoshEapen, you reminded me of Keith Jarrett's Koln Concert. WOW!!!! And from your description of the sound with your new Triton 7s, that must sound like pure joy!!!! Good question Anthem about how they sound, and a really great answer SE.
Neil Young is more my speed than Jazz, BUT that Koln concert is awesome. I would love to hear it on the 7s and now that you reminded me of it, I am ordering the CD on Amazon (I have not had it since losing all my vinyl), so I can hear it on the Triton 2s.

Brother Anthem, I checked out the Yellowjackets, Bob Mintzer you mention, now let me see, what would he play??? UUUMMMM, AAAAAhh, let me guess, he wouldn't play the SAX would he???? Keith Jarrett can play the sax.

Keep em coming guys, this is fun and helpful.
Thanks, blessings,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, SanthoshEapen

• Visitor
  • Visitor
dave@get Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by dave@get. Reason: Clarity. info_outline
Hi all,

Just a quick first post to introduce myself into the Currently Playing topic. I'm Dave and I'm GoldenEar's Director of Sales for the Western US & Canada. I've been with GoldenEar from its start and also spent many years with Def Tech and Polk. Like many, I got into this business as a frustrated musician who also loves the gear. I'm very passionate about great hi-fi, but even more passionate about music. After all, music is what it's all about! Growing up, my musical style influences were Rock, R&B, Soul, Funk, Jazz, Blues, Big Band and some Classical.

I hope to contribute some of my musical thoughts and experience to this discussion as well as discover some great new music for myself. So, it seems that sax players are on the group's mind at the moment. For my first contribution I will tie in to one of the players mentioned in a number of posts: Bob Mintzer. Great player, and probably my favorite album he's on is from 1977 when he was in Buddy Rich's big band, called 'Buddy Rich Plays and Plays and Plays.' Along with Bob Mintzer is another smokin' sax player named Steve Marcus. From the first song, "Ya Gotta Try" (by Sammy Nestico) you know this band meant business, and both Steve Marcus and Bob Mintzer lay out great solos here. You can read more about the album and hear some song samples here: www.allmusic.com/album/buddy-rich-plays-...d-plays-mw0000540577

Enjoy!

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago
Hi Dave, it is wonderful to have you join in!!!!!
It is especially good because we get to hear from another member of the GoldenEar Team that you guys love music too.
You are right, it is all about the music (though the gear to produce great music is fun too).
Your point of view will certainly be welcome.
We all come from different places and for sure have different tastes in music.
I am glad you can help Anthem get more SAX!!!!!
I noticed that you talked about your musical influences "growing up". You did not mention anything about now that you are grown up, so I am assuming that you might be like me, and have not grown up yet!!!!
Thanks for joining in, all the best,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dave@get

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back