file Currently playing

• nutpi's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
nutpi Posted 11 years 3 weeks ago
I'm a proud owner of your Triton Two for about 3 weeks now. LOVE these speakers and they sound FANTASTIC :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 3 weeks ago
Thanks Anthem for your (always) kind words,
It is clear and will be more so, if the thread continues and thrives, as I hope it does, that we are not all the same and do not all like the same kind of music. That doesn't surprise me, or bother me, but I am getting some good heads up from you and the Moderator.
BUT, the fact that we can have a thread like this about a common make of speakers tells me one VERY important thing. GoldenEar speakers can play any kind of music well. They are NOT a one trick pony. You guys like Jazz, sax and female vocal, I like Rock and Roll and Big Classical, some country and alternative. Not many speakers can do justice to that range of genres of music.
And I am not just talking about the Triton towers, Those little Aons can rock too!!!!

I just got (and it was hard to find) Chris Jones "Roadhouses and Automobiles". This is great music and an AWESOME demo disc that can test your system. The recording quality is unbelievable. Try out "No Sanctuary Here".
Oh, Walter Trout!!!! This Blues man is largely ignored in the US, but respected in Europe. Give him a listen. His self titled Cd with "Tender Heart" and "in Love with You Again" or "Let Me Be the One". All good.
Thanks and enjoy,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 11 years 3 weeks ago
What's "NOT " spinning this morning... Miley Cyrus.
What is spinning this Wednesday morning...

Euge Groove - Just Feels Right
Favorite track: Get Em Goin' (thumbs up nutpi...enjoy your new Triton 2's)

Went to Amazon.com & played a few suggested artists. Kathy Kosins...sweet voice, but too laid back. Chris Jones...couldn't access the "roadhouses and automobiles" CD. Listened to another one of his cd's...not my cup of tea.

Wayne...the winner is...Walter Trout - Luther's Blues. Will be ordering this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.

odedia...keep the Michael Jackson spinning.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Mobrien...I see you've on the site quite often...what ya listening to?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 3 weeks ago
This evening, morning for you guys, we are listening to the new CD from Bob Schneider, "Burden of Proof".
I think it is quite good, and may grow on me more with more play time, but my favorite album of his is "I'm Good Now". Got to hear him live at Antone's in Austin, TX.
He is good.
Anthem, I am glad you picked up on Brother Trout. He is well worth a lot of listening.

Next up on the play list is Elbow, "Build a Rocket Boys"
Enjoy guys,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
What's spinning this morning?

Dave Weekl Band - Transition (2000)

Accomplished drummer.

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back