file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
OK, thanks, it will take forever.
I have to get a big order together before it is worth the shipping trouble.
I am sure you know.
Cheers,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: monsterzero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• monsterzero's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 114
monsterzero Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by monsterzero. info_outline
Accept

West German Metal

Think Judas Priest meets the Scorpions with a little AC/DC mixed in

One of my fav metal bands...theyve been around since the late 70s and are still rocking and touring...hoping to catch them live in NYC soon.

Here aresome of my fav Accept tracks

Not only is this my fav Accept song,its in my top 10 alltime for ANY band!

Old Accept-1979

mellow Accept-1980

straight ahead rocker

the single that most know Accept from

Accept 1986

The fastest and one of their heavier sons...turn it up!!!!

One of their newer and better tunes

Not many folks outside of metalheads know of this band,but theyre in my top 5 fav metal bands...such heavy riffs,great metal vocals,sweet chunky goodness....awesome stuff
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Dudes & Dudettes...I L-O-V-E this stuff!

Brian Bromberg / Jack (2006)

This CD is a tribute to one of the greatest musicians of our generation, the late , great Jaco Pastoriuos. He was inducted into the Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame in 1988, one of only seven bassists so honored (and the only electric bass guitarist)

Bromberg does an amazing job on this CD. Favorite song is "Three views of a Secret"...he deserves to be the Eighth inductee .
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, monsterzero

Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by monsterzero. info_outline
Im gonna tone it down some and share my alltime favorite band,Thin Lizzy.Theyre considered to be hard rock(def not metal)but all their material sits in my classic rock folder at home.

Most people know "The Boys are Back in Town" but they have so much great material besides their worldwide hit,I could literally share 30 titles of theirs and still feel like I left something amazing off the list.

Thin Lizzy was led by Irish lead singer/bassist Phil Lynott,His bi racial background and Irish heritage influenced his songwriting,mixing rock and folk Irish together on several tracks.Unfortunately Phil passed away in 1986 due to complications from his heroin addiction.When I heard of his passing it hit me hard,but when I informed my old friend,a young(and pre famous)Axl Rose of Phils death he broke down on Sunset Blvd and openly sobbed.

They were also known for their trademark double guitar sound having at some point Eric Bell,Scott Gorham,the late and VERY great Gary Moore as well as another guitar legend John Sykes.

Brian Downey on drums and later they would add Snowy White on keyboards to round out,in my opinion, one of the most underrated bands of all time.

In 2005 the city of Dublin unveiled a bronze statue of their beloved son,Phil Lynott.

I will start with their smash hit...a great song,but ive heard it too many times

Early Lizzy,1974,a song about Phil's beloved mum,Philomena.She is still alive and several interviews with her are available on Youtube.you can hear some Irish folk influences here.

One of my favs,Cowboy Song,off the Jailbreak LP,1976

a hidden gem off the same album

A song that made charts around the world,great saxaphone...one of my favs

My fav Thin Lizzy track...epic Irish jig incorporated...a must listen all the way through

The late great Gary Moore doing Roisin Dubh(Gaelic) at the Phil Lynott tribute show w/ Scott Gorham...2 rock guitar legends together on stage....Amazing...do yourself a favor and watch it

Lizzy gettin jazzy

Another Lizzy classic.Phil wore his heart on his sleeve and this song is a completely unveiled approach about his battles with drugs and drink.Unfortunately he never took his own advice.

from Thin Lizzys last studio LP...here they rocked it as hard as they ever did..a song about detoxing thinly(no pun intended)veiled with gambling metaphors

Phil solo w/ Mark Knopfler(Dire Straits) on guitar.Phils tribute to Elvis Presley

A very atmospheric mellow song about losing his battle with heroin.From their final LP.

And finally their epic rock rendition of the of the Traditional Irish drinking song.The ultimate Thin Lizzy song for us diehard fans.

Metallica paying tribute to Phil,Thin Lizzy and the Irish people.Live in Dublin...listen to that crowd!

I could go on for pages waxing poetic on my favorite band and I left out a ton of great songs...heres to you Phil!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
WOW Dude, this is the FIRST I heard about Gary Moore's passing, and that was 3 years ago.
I gotta get out more.
That man was some kinda guitar player, and song writer and pretty good singer.
Monsterzero, slide on down to Pattaya and give a listen to Lam Morrison, he covers all the great guitar players and is QUITE GOOD!!!!
Thanks for the updates,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: monsterzero

WayneWilmeth wrote: WOW Dude, this is the FIRST I heard about Gary Moore's passing, and that was 3 years ago.
I gotta get out more.
That man was some kinda guitar player, and song writer and pretty good singer.
Monsterzero, slide on down to Pattaya and give a listen to Lam Morrison, he covers all the great guitar players and is QUITE GOOD!!!!
Thanks for the updates,
God Bless,
Wayne

Wayne,

Im impressed youre a fan of Gary Moore,and yes,he was an amazing guitarist...Still Got the Blues is one my favs.

Ive heard of Lam Morrison,he is somewhat of a Thai legend...unfortunately I avoid Pattaya at all costs...too many Russians.drunks,crime,scams.To me Pattaya represents everything that is wrong with our adopted home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back