file Currently playing

• monsterzero's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 114
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
monsterzero Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Heres a band I really like that most folks outside of Australia have never heard of....The Jezabels.

They have some U2 influences,mixed in with some tasty power pop goodness,not to mention Hayley is VERY easy on the eyes ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by monsterzero. info_outline
Queensryche is a progressive metal band I really like.They came out of Seattle before it was hip to do so.

They shied away from cliches and stuck to good musicianship as opposed to loudness,posing and pouting that eventually killed metal for many years.

Their singer,Geoff Tate was one of the greatest rock voices ever,just below Freddy Mercury and Ian Gillan.

Unfortunately ego tore the band apart,and theres currently 2 versions of the band out there,Geoff Tates Queensryche and then the rest doing their own version.Hopefully someday they will figure out that sum is greater than the parts.

A very young Geoff Tate shows off his amazing vocal range

After they established themselves as a progressive metal band.

and their epic cover of 'Heaven on their Minds' from the Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack...though I am partial to Carl Anderson's portrayal of Judas in the films vocals

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

my final post for today.

One of my fav bands,and certainly one of the top 5 metal bands ever....Judas Priest.

They are the epitome of power chord metal.Led by the dual guitar work of Glenn Tipton and KK Downing,they lay down some seriously heavy bone jarring riffs.And of course the leather GOD himself Rob Halford,who is also an amazing vocalist.

They have been around for 40+ years so they clearly are doing a lot right.

Looking back at some of their older live performances now,its easy to laugh at the cliche use of leather,however its worth noting that Judas Priest did it first...and all the thousands of bands that came after were simply copying one of the greatest metal bands ever.True Metal Gods!

I was at this show,The US Festival in SoCal 1983...it was 110f that day,and Rob is in full leather...keeping it real

my alltime favorite Priest track....Steeler

One of their heavier tunes...turn it up!

some of their newer stuff

And before you dismiss them as too heavy,check out their acoustic version of their own cover of Joan Baez's "Diamonds and Rust"

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Damn,
Where is Diana Krall when you need her??????
Seems like we are still between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Ha ha, just kidding. I will have to listen to all the above, when there is time and speakers.

"And if youre using IE,find a new browser ASAP"
LOVED IT!!!!!!

You guys are nothing if not educational.
Blessings,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: monsterzero

WayneWilmeth wrote: Damn,
Where is Diana Krall when you need her??????
Seems like we are still between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Ha ha, just kidding. I will have to listen to all the above, when there is time and speakers.

"And if youre using IE,find a new browser ASAP"
LOVED IT!!!!!!

You guys are nothing if not educational.
Blessings,
Wayne

yeah I hear ya Wayne.My dad used to tell me"when you become an adult you wont be listening to this crap"
Im nearly 49,and guess what Pop....im still listening to this "crap"

I listen to many different genres of music besides metal..classic rock,hard rock,reggae,Southern rock,folk,deep trance,dark trance,deep house,Blues,surf,New Age,old punk,some rockabilly,some country,old west coast gangster rap,Chill,60s and early 70s pop.....that about runs the gamut.

Genres I DONT like are:modern pop,modern hip/hop,modern rap,disco,new wave(tho theres a few exceptions to that rule)latin music,flamenco,salsa,merengue,post modern industrial,electronica,60s-80s mod music,yacht rock,death metal,speed metal,black metal

My knowledge of Jazz and classical is non existent,and since im assuming that thats GEs target audience I'd love to hear some good examples of those two genres,with a brief explanation as to what im hearing and what makes it stand out in your opinion from the rest.Pretty much all that ive heard from these genres comes across to me as pretentious,but again as I said ive not heard much so if yall have some good examples please share and enlighten a middle aged metalhead.

*providing Youtube links makes it so much easier to cut thru the chaffe and hubris and find the good stuff with a single click of the play button.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by anthem. info_outline
:ohmy:

David Gilmour's wife Polly Samson leaks news on twitter about new Pink Floyd album.

Pink Floyd FREAKS everywhere are all a-twitter about the news that the British prog-rock giants will apparently release their first album in 20 years, titled "The Endless River", in three months.

Polly Samson tweeted: BTW Pink Floyd in October is called "The Endless River". Based on 1994 sessions is Rick Wright's swansong and very beautiful.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back