file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
WOW guys, I am getting WAY behind here, but we had an AWESOME DAY!!!!!
We had some Filipino friends that have a ministry to take care of Burmese orphans here in Northern Thailand, they came over with 19 kids, and we took them fishing, made hamburgers for them and cooked the fish they caught, we sang, we had a WONDERFUL time!!!!!
They sounded like angels in my living room, those are Triton 7s in the background. We had a BLAST.

Monsterzero, we agree a LOT on musical tastes. Every single genre that you don't like, I don't like too!!!!!!
Now you named a lot that you do like, many I never even heard of. But a LOT that I like.
Come up and listen to some classical with me, I MIGHT make a convert outta you for SOME of that, I don't care for it all.
I will let others who like Jazz try to talk you into that.

Bro Anthem, That is great news about a possible Pink Floyd in the future. I didn't know you cared, thanks brother.
All the best,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, monsterzero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• monsterzero's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 114
monsterzero Posted 10 years 2 months ago

anthem wrote: :ohmy:

David Gilmour's wife Polly Samson leaks news on twitter about new Pink Floyd album.

Pink Floyd FREAKS everywhere are all a-twitter about the news that the British prog-rock giants will apparently release their first album in 20 years, titled "The Endless River", in three months.

Polly Samson tweeted: BTW Pink Floyd in October is called "The Endless River". Based on 1994 sessions is Rick Wright's swansong and very beautiful.

Based upon the utter blandness of Division Bell and a lack of Roger Waters,im not holding my breath on this one

WayneWilmeth wrote: WOW guys, I am getting WAY behind here, but we had an AWESOME DAY!!!!!
We had some Filipino friends that have a ministry to take care of Burmese orphans here in Northern Thailand, they came over with 19 kids, and we took them fishing, made hamburgers for them and cooked the fish they caught, we sang, we had a WONDERFUL time!!!!!
They sounded like angels in my living room, those are Triton 7s in the background. We had a BLAST.

Monsterzero, we agree a LOT on musical tastes. Every single genre that you don't like, I don't like too!!!!!!
Now you named a lot that you do like, many I never even heard of. But a LOT that I like.
Come up and listen to some classical with me, I MIGHT make a convert outta you for SOME of that, I don't care for it all.
I will let others who like Jazz try to talk you into that.

Bro Anthem, That is great news about a possible Pink Floyd in the future. I didn't know you cared, thanks brother.
All the best,
God Bless,
Wayne

Love that your sala goes right up to the water edge...fishing in style!What do u have your pond stocked with?Mekong Catfish?

Great of you to host all those Burmese kids!

What genres that i listed have you not heard before?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Thanks Monsterzero,
We just have Tilapia (pla nin) and Russian Catfish in there. The catfish are to keep the Tilapia from over breeding, over crowding the pond. Judging from how fat they are getting, somebody is eatin somebody!!!!!

You said, "I listen to many different genres of music besides metal..classic rock,hard rock,reggae,Southern rock,folk,deep trance,dark trance,deep house,Blues,surf,New Age,old punk,some rockabilly,some country,old west coast gangster rap,Chill,60s and early 70s pop.....that about runs the gamut.

I am leaving out the death/speed/black metal and industrial that you don't like and I am sure I would not like, yacht rock?
But of the ones you like, deep trance, dark trance (might wonder that any kind of trance music is???) deep house, Chill? I have heard of the rest, thank you very much, ha ha.
Be kind,
I have not lived in America since 1992. But I would have added Indie and Alternative on my list.
If you don't mind schoolin' an old boy, would love to know about these others.
Oh, those kids, blessed me a WHOLE LOT more than I did them!!!!!
All the best,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: monsterzero

Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by monsterzero. info_outline

WayneWilmeth wrote: Thanks Monsterzero,
We just have Tilapia (pla nin) and Russian Catfish in there. The catfish are to keep the Tilapia from over breeding, over crowding the pond. Judging from how fat they are getting, somebody is eatin somebody!!!!!

You said, "I listen to many different genres of music besides metal..classic rock,hard rock,reggae,Southern rock,folk,deep trance,dark trance,deep house,Blues,surf,New Age,old punk,some rockabilly,some country,old west coast gangster rap,Chill,60s and early 70s pop.....that about runs the gamut.

I am leaving out the death/speed/black metal and industrial that you don't like and I am sure I would not like, yacht rock?
But of the ones you like, deep trance, dark trance (might wonder that any kind of trance music is???) deep house, Chill? I have heard of the rest, thank you very much, ha ha.
Be kind,
I have not lived in America since 1992. But I would have added Indie and Alternative on my list.
If you don't mind schoolin' an old boy, would love to know about these others.
Oh, those kids, blessed me a WHOLE LOT more than I did them!!!!!
All the best,
God Bless,
Wayne

There are several sug-genres in both metal and trance/house...trust me when I say that black/death/speed is utter trash...imagine someone playing their instruments as fast as humanly possible with zero regards to timing or any semblance of a beat while The Cookie Monster grunts the "Hail Satans" ...that essentially covers black/death/speed metal...I will include anoffensive example so you can get an idea of just how horrific this stuff is...and remember...the vocals ARENT a parody!

pure death metal...sorry I cant stand this crap...you have been warned!

Now that weve gotten the crap outta the way...

Trance is a perfect soundtrack for a psychedelic mind expansion inner journey to the 6th dimension....In Thailand its best to follow the buffalo and elephants around a day after it rains and dig thru the droppings...Stuff that grows out of Kee Kwai can provide some very colorful moments....not that Ihave any first hand knowledge.An ancient talking jaguar god from the Peruvian jungles told me about it :)

Heres some dark trance i like

This is a little faster than I typically prefer,but very dark atmospheric dark psytrance

more moderately tempo dark trance

Progressive psytrance...greatest song title ever!

This is Chill

this one has real soothing female vocals

same song...unchilled...this is progressive trance

Some newer indie i like,but alternative stopped being alternative when the mainstream adopted it...that being said some of the 90s grunge I like,esp Temple of The Dog,Alice in Chains,etc...

Yacht Rock?Christopher Cross and the rest like him.....blech

Wayne

I found this article which you might informative and funny

www.ign.com/articles/2006/05/30/top-10-y...ck-songs-of-all-time

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back