file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Bro Wayne:

I shouldn't have made the statement (Thelma Lou doesn't have a handle on yet). The problem lies with less than stellar recordings. Even the Mapleshade recording Melodia Para Congas I listened to yesterday was flawed.

As to listening to another genre of music... I ain't gonna do it. I loves my contemporary/smooth jazz. I'll learn to live with the flaws associated with recorded music. Like I said before, trumpet is fast becoming my favorite instrument. It appears the saxophone dominants the smooth jazz scene...I wish that weren't so. It's hard to find young new artists that love the trumpet... they are more appreciative of sax.

I listened to the Yellowjackets (A rise in the road) & Larry Carlton (Fire Wire) yesterday, Thelma Lou sounded like a sweetie. Her and I are getting along just fine...she's my girl. ;)

Wayne keep those prayers coming.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Bro Anthem,
Thanks for the feedback. As I have mentioned here before, I have heard the sax, even alto and soprano, played just feet from me, in my face and it sounded awesome. So I know it can sound awesome. But I think you probably hit the nail on the head, it is most likely that recordings do not do justice to the instrument. I have a good friend, and brother, who plays the trumpet (and piano) and it (they) sounds awesome in person too. But it seems that trumpets get recorded better. Live music is and I guess always will be THE BEST, but it seems most recordings err worse with the sax than most instruments.
Can you just try this for me? Can you play Dark Side of the Moon, the sax is a tenor and even though it was a long time ago, I think it was well recorded, I have never noticed any gremlins on playback. Does it sound good with Thelma Lou????
So, GLAD to hear that Thelma Lou is playing you good, not messing you around.
And I am praying for you (Ok, I will quit praying for you to like better music, to each his own), please don't stop praying for me.
Thanks, God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bro Wayne:
Once upon a time I had Pink Floyd/Dark Side of the Moon (SACD) in my collection. Upon your request I gave her the ole Kansas try and looked through my closets but to no avail... must have sold it. I did find Jonny Lang/Wonder This World & Jonny Lang/Lie To Me.
I told the wife I'm not going to buy Dark Side of the Moon just to hear how the sax sounds....I never appreciated Pink Floyd...sorry.

The majority of recordings that I listen to with sax sound fine. When it doesn't I hold recording studios & mass manufacturing at fault.The Almighty Dollar rules, not sound, to most recording/manufacturing facilities.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Praising the Lord this Tuesday morning
Currently listening to :

Spyro Gyra - Wrapped in a Dream (2006 Heads Up)

This is my favorite Spyro Gyra CD. I like all tracks but favorites are The Voodooyoodoo, Impressions of Toledo & After the Storm.
Great up-tempo music that gets your blood a-flowing.

Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hump day...currently listening to:

Joshua Redman Elastic Band - Momentum (2005 Nonesuch)

Simply Amazing Music!!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Led Zeppelin iv.
Attachments:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back