• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Guys:
I had a pair of B@@e 901's back in the early 90's. Actually, pretty good speakers. Mate them with a pair of Forcefield 5 subs and I'll bet they'd sound pretty good.
Wayne rants because he's still going through manopause.
MOBrien, what's your excuse? LoL
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 10 months ago
MOBrien and Anthem,
I don't want to put down someone else's speakers. Don't want to name names.
BUT, I too think they give hi end speakers a bad name, think they are horrible value for money, and most of all, it saddens me that they represent AMERICAN audio to the world. They are the audio equivalent of McDonalds to me, this is what people think we in America are. SAD.
The 901s Anthem, were likely the best they ever made, and IF set up right (hard to do) they could play loud and you could tell what song was playing. And I am sure YOU could dance to them!!!!!
Menopause my butt!!!!!!
Ha ha,
God Bless guys,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Got home 45 minutes early and listened to Rick Braun & Richard Elliot (R n R). I treated the CD with Mapleshade Mikro-smooth & Optrix. The brightness in saxophones (Thelma Lou doesn't have a handle on...yet) was greatly diminished.

I also switched amplifiers. I'm now using the Anthem Statement P2. Thelma Lou, Anthem Statement P2, Cambridge Audio-azur 840C plus Mikro-smooth & Optrix. I'll listen to this combination for awhile and see how it sounds...especially as the days and weeks progress.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
This morning I've been listening to :

Melodia Para Congas - The Enriquillo Winds (1997 Mapleshade)
Knock your socks-off track: #3 Monko
The wife said this is different from what I normally play but really enjoyed it. They record some strange stuff at that Maryland Mansion.

Also been listening to:
Yellowjackets - A rise in the Road (2013 Mack)
One word describes this CD....amazing.

One more week and Papa Wayne will be home with the family...I'll bet time won't go by fast enough. :cheer:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You know it Bro Anthem.
Can't wait to get home.
They need me, I need them.
Blessings, enjoy,
Wayne

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bro Anthem,
Your new love, Thelma Lou can't tame the sax sounds yet? Is that right?
Sad for you. Becoz I know you likes to get a LOT of sax. I have read about the sax sometimes being recorded in a different room altogether from the rest of the band, as it plays havoc with the recording levels, or something.
BUT, what little sax I do listen to does not sound that bad. I will be honest, I hardly ever listen to anything smaller than a tenor sax. Soprano and Alto sax drives me nuts after 10 mins or so in the hands of most players. Not only the sax:
Yesterday, as I sat in the S'pore airlines lounge, Changi Airport, they were playing somebody on the piano over the PA system. The fidelity was HORRIBLE, but that was not the worst part, the guy (or gal) who was tinkling the keys was going all over the place (kinda like my post here, sorry) and IF there was a key outta the 88 they had not hit yet, I reckon they were still looking for it!!! Coz, IFFFFFF what they were playing was in fact music and not just random messin around, perhaps that one key was not in their plan; and I never did figure out what that plan was. I wanted to leave, just stayed for the free sandwiches and someplace to sit that had WiFi.
My point being, I got to thinking about you, Anthem, and wondered IF you would have liked what they were playing? It was probably called Jazz, it sure wasn't what I call Rock and Roll. Would Brother Anthem be dancing to this noise??? I am not talking about hi-brow stuff, Shoenberg or atonal stuff, which is WAY over my head. I guess there is just music out there that is somebody else's poison that goes nowhere and doesn't have a melody and never resolves (or doesn't until WAY the HECK AFTER I quit listening)???
So, that was all to say, I was thinkin about ya. And, maybe, just maybe, you should feed sweet Thelma Lou some good old Rock and Roll, or classical music, or Blues and see how she sings.
Just a random thought.
But wishing the best for you, praying for you and Thelma Lou.
God Bless,
Wayne

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back