file Currently playing

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 10 months ago
I am listening to an incredible album: Los Lobos "Kiko"
I have cranked up the volume as the wife is out of the house for a little while, and the instrumentation, soundstage and general beauty of the recording has to heard to be believed. The Triton 7's are delivering supremely tight and punchy bass, it is just perfect. Almost all the songs are wonderful. Particular standouts include Kiko and the lavender moon (song # 5) and Arizona skies (instrumental) (song # 9).
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Santhosh cranks up the volume because the wife is out and I have to turn down the volume because the wife just got home. I shouldn't complain, she works 6 days a week and pays the electric bill.
It was great while it lasted. Have been listening to :

Kombo - The Big Blast (1999 Polygram)

Hammond B3 organ to the Max. These guys only put out 2 recordings that I'm aware of...what a shame. I could listen to them all day long.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Hey Bro Anthem,
You should be thankful your wife works so hard and pays for your electric bill. You and Thelma Lou have probably been sucking down some watts since you met.
Good for you and Santhosh, glad you guys are getting to crank it up (or down) sometimes and enjoy some great tunes.
God Bless you,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 10 months ago
19 degrees this morning... cold momma!!
Playing some jazz fusion to warm me up

Jeff Lorber Fusion - Now is the Time (2010 Concord-Heads Up)

Favorite tracks include : Dr. Moy ; Pixel ; Mysterious Traveller ; Black Ice &Sumatra

A few to many vocal tracks but all in all a pretty good CD...worth a listen.

Ya keeping it real, Bro. Wayne? I'll bet you're not freezing your rear-end off.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 10 months ago
I am doing great here in Mumbai, India my friend, at least I cannot complain.
Not too hot, not cold.
Went to eat at a Chilis right down the road tonight. The worst Chilis in the world, likely. Breaking my own rule, when in _____ eat ______ean food. But I already have had lots of Indian food, so wanted something different.
Just to tell you, WE are SPOILED.
The speakers there at the restaurant were playing loud and were sooooooo bad, sooooooo distorted that I could not even make out what song was on most of the time. I commented to the manager (who I complain to a LOT) that his speakers were horrible, I said, they sound like they are B**e speakers!!!! He proudly missed the point and said YES Sir, they are B##e speakers!!!!! I said, well in that case, can you turn the damn things down???? They are killing my ears.
My college roommate from years gone by, still in touch, he lives in CA and just built a house. I emailed him, if you need any help with a sound system, any advice on some great new and not too expensive speakers, etc. just ask, I will tell you all I know for free.
He says, Oh, don't worry, never mind, I have a great system, I have B@@e speakers, they are sooooo little but you should hear them, and sent me a freakin picture of the cubes!!!!!!

Oh man, guys, we are BLESSED!!!!!
Enjoy you GREAT speakers, God Bless, Wayne
I should have put those rants on the today's humor column
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Wayne,
I'm going to assume that B@@e is referring to Bose? If so I will agree with you on several points.
1) Everyone I have ever known that has purchased a B@@e speakers thinks their speakers are great sounding, high end, audiophile speakers.
2) I realize not everyone wants or needs to spend a lot of money on speakers. There are many speakers in the same price range that sound significantly better.
3) One of the reasons I love GoldenEar is the value or "bang for your buck". B@@e have one of the worst "bang for your buck". In the industry. I actually believe they give the industry a bad name.

Sorry to go off topic and on a rant, but you hit one of my sore spots :dry:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back