file Currently playing

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 10 months ago
No Stairway!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist that, it is from Wayne's World.

Glad you are enjoying the tunes, good for you man!!!!!! Walk on the Wild Side.

God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Tuesday morning & currently listening to :

Gerald Albright : New Beginnings (2006 Peacon /Peak)

Track #5 is the star of the show...GEORGIA ON MY MIND...literally fantastic sax work...even the wife made mention how wonderful this song sounded. CRANK THIS ONE UP...WAY UP!!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 10 months ago
I really like that song Georgia on my Mind.
Currently playing, downstairs, in the hotel lounge, 3 dudes, one on piano, one on bass and one (catch this Bro Anthem) on Sax.
They were making what sounded like good sounds as I walked by. They stopped me in my tracks.
After all, it is live music that is the real measure we should be using to compare the sound from our systems to. Right?
We should listen to live music every chance we get. Right?
Even Bro Anthem music!!!!
But I COULDN'T SIT DOWN THERE!!!!! This is an Intercontinental Hotel, Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia. A real 5 star hotel. And it REEKS!!!!! The lounge allows people to smoke, it is the hotel lobby and the whole hotel lobby STINKS SO BAD I want to throw up.
I went to the front desk and chewed out the poor people working there. I told them I cannot believe K L cannot move into the new world. Even Bangkok would NOT ALLOW smoking in a public place like that. (And we in Thailand have a ways to go, if you know what I mean). I told them I WANT to listen to music, want to enjoy the entertainment, but I can't stomach the STENCH!!!!!

Thanks to let me finish my rant. I stopped short for fear the girl at the front desk would cry. The guy with the queer haircut could have cried all he wanted to, but I had pity on the girl.
Sorry to unload on you guys.

Keep live music alive!!!!!
Blessings,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, SanthoshEapen

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bro. Wayne, your little rant didn't bother me in the least. Actually, I commend you...shows you have balls. I too take offense to smoking...I love the smoker but hate the smoking.

It would have been nice to hear the sax ensemble in a peaceful, smoke free environment.... its a RUFF world out there.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Aaah! I hear you! We certainly do not need to be poisoned when listening to our music. However, remember that several decades ago, here in the States, listening to music in a bar or nightclub meant doing so in a cloudy, smoky haze...I never seemed to mind it much - perhaps the drinks helped!

Right now on Vinyl...the triple "white 180 gram LPs": Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes Live at the Greek! Superb live recording!
Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Good tunes abound this morning on "currently playing "

Jeff Golub : Grand Central (2007 Narada)

Jeff's seventh album...favorite tracks include "Slinky" , "Hello Betty" , "Shockwave" , & "Grand Central".
I really enjoy Jeff and look forward to his new album "Train Keeps a Rolling". Will give it a play this weekend.

Attachments:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back